Caustic is the worst legend teammate to have.

by SethCurry

Original Post

Caustic is the worst legend teammate to have.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So who’s idea was it to implement someone that punish’s his own teammates by slowing their movement speed and blur their vision??? everytime someone picks him i leave im not playing with this guy he’s annoying and the majority of people who use him don’t like pushing they rather camp in a house.... 

Message 1 of 19 (2,353 Views)

Re: Caustic is the worst legend teammate to have.

★ Pro

he is a pain in the @#$   I hate his gas

Message 2 of 19 (2,320 Views)

★★★ Expert

I'm usually not down with flame posts, but I gotta admit, I hate Caustic too.

Message 3 of 19 (2,316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i hate that i have to agree with you. its freaking annoying that the gas also makes teammates suffer the effects

Message 4 of 19 (2,286 Views)

★ Guide
When I've played with him on my team yes it's a pain when I get caught in his gas but it's also a great tool to have. the amount of times Me or a teammate have cleaned out a team because they ran into a house set up with traps or forced a team out of a defensible position. Played right he's good. He just has to be played more defensive.
Message 5 of 19 (2,261 Views)

★★★ Guide

Caustic can be amazing if you handle him right. I don't play him myself but i have a teammate who regulary plays him and he does some amazing things with this guy.

Message 6 of 19 (2,204 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree that Caustic should not punish his team, that being said playing with a Bangalore on your team can have the same negative effect. If your Caustic is just mindlessly camping and placing traps yes it sucks. Early last week I started playing as Caustic for the first time and after about a day I found some very useful non traditional ways to use him and he is my new main. 

I don't camp. I will run the map with my team however they want, the one thing with caustic is his traps do stay visible once placed. White outlines can be seen from pretty much anywhere and the mini map shows you where they are as well. Keeping an eye on this will tell you if you have a squad coming in right behind you. Outside of wraiths warning voice which doesn't give you a direction there is no other legend that can revers track enemies. Also if played right in tight situations door blocking could be critical. The only other player that is going to hard charge a door is going to be another Caustic. Revives on fallen team mates throw 2-3 traps fast quick shoot all 3 to detonate and you have a mist surrounding you that does a good job masking you for the revive time. 

My takeaway from this season is all legends can be crappy if played poorly. I have bad games sure, but when a Bangalore or Gibraltar drop their ult on top of me I get just a wee bit agitated. A lifeline that doesn't deploy their heal drone and never drops a care package. Pathfinder grappling out of harms way to watch his team get decimated then not bother to help revive or re-spawn and just puts a zipline somewhere else and disappears. Octane who can just run away and keep on running from his squad or zip in and get all of the loot before you have a chance to start looting yourself. 

Honestly the game is setup for team work and sometimes you have to suffer bad teammates, sometimes not. If someone is going to drop out because I play Caustic so be it. Their decision, it is a public game and I may have to play short handed for this game, but maybe next game get a full squad. 

Message 7 of 19 (2,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I don't think that proper squad play has really entered into the consciousness of the Apex player base, yet. That's why players say they don't want to be affected by teammates' abilities. They just want to do their own thing and when they can share their abilities they only think they're doing their teammates a favour rather than it being part of the squad effort.

With the gas traps, if the gas didn't hinder the movement of other all other players it wouldn't make sense. It makes sense that teammates don't get damage because damage is a direct part of the conditions of defeating enemies. But movement penalties are part of the environment when there is an AoE affect such as Caustic's NOX gas.

If players would start to think about the roles of the Legends in their squad they would then be able to develop better strategies and tactics. Which does seem kind of unlikely when you see how so many players basically play Apex like complete lemmings (oh what a great game Lemmings was hahaha).

Message 8 of 19 (2,154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

In all actuality though caustic is one of the best legends IMO.

Caustic vs Caustic  = Even playing field for the fact that a Caustic's gas can't hurt / or make an enemy Caustic less mobile.

How about playing around your teammate that is using a Caustic to give them support and staying away from the gas traps they lay down. [in a closed environment ie bunker / houses ]

What I see when I'm a Caustic: Is my teammates trying to take / steals kill when an enemy is in my gas trap and I'm sitting right there shooting them then they get caught up in the gas and get knocked. lol

Or If we're out in the open [ not @bunker or a house] The Try hard teammates won't cover me and will go out on their own trying to get kills then end up dieing as a result. While I'm trying to set up a perimeter around me with the traps. 

Moral of the story is play to Caustic strengths not his weakness, Caustic is a sluggish legends but his gas traps make up for his mobility.  

Message 9 of 19 (2,138 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Caustic is a great legend with a very annoying trait.

His gas should not disrupt team mates imo. It get annoying pretty quick. No so bad in a pre made squad with mics as you can talk about what you are planning, but with randoms? Very annoying.

It's not urgent imo, but could do with looking into.

I don't mind Bangalors smoke. I don't mind the air strikes, but Caustics gas is a tad frustrating.

Message 10 of 19 (2,129 Views)