Caustic buff/change

by BionicGrillHouse

Original Post

Caustic buff/change

★★★ Apprentice

My friends are really starting to get tired of me... 

I'm a level 44 Caustic main at the moment, and i think i'm doing pretty good.
The only problem is that my teammates are at a disadvantage when i'm using my abilities. Not only does my Nox Gas Traps block my teammates (For example if i'm trying to create cover in a doorway or a corridor) but they also can't see anything. Nox Gas Grenade (Almost) only benefit my team when i'm using it as a smoke to hide knocked down teammates. That's it.

It's only a matter of time before trolls start to abuse these things.

So please change Caustic's passiv to this:
"Allows you and your teammates to see enemies through your gas."
It's such a easy fix.
Have a wonderful day!

Message 1 of 9 (538 Views)

Re: Caustic buff/change

★ Guide
I don't play as caustic much but are team mates not able to shoot the base of the trap to destroy it and not release the gas if they are trapped? Also as for being able to see Bangalore's smoke screen causes a similar issue, only she doesn't get a passive that lets her see. Or your team could try and coordinate with your gas and equip threat detection scopes.
Message 2 of 9 (513 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I play as a caustic main too hopefully they make it possiblie that teammates can go through the traps and enemy’s can’t
Message 3 of 9 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

"Or your team could try and coordinate with your gas" Sometimes, my irl friends aren't always available. And sadly, 95% of Apex Legends's player base, dosen't have a vocal cord. (With an exception of drunk people) 

"and equip threat detection scopes." There's only two "threat detection scopes" in the game: 1x Digital Threat and 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat and they're usually really rare to find. 

Message 4 of 9 (446 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think Caustic also suffers from other issues as well. I bought him first over Mirage, and I've been playing him fairly regularly but as time goes on, his weaknesses become painfully apparent. Most of the other characters are given some kind of mobility increasing or defense oriented passive, ability or ultimate. Caustic, while he does have traps that are fairly useful, their proximity for enemy detection is rather poor and the gas hardly does any damage to be a viable threat to enemies flanking you or even if you decide to use the Nox Grenade ult. His passive is also fairly poor because it "gives you vision" but not even that works 100% of the time and like you said, your teammates cannot even see through it. 

Compared to the other legends, Caustic's lack of mobility and the threat of his traps and ult really do * him extensively. I think a proper way to balance him out/ buff him is to give his gas more damage, possibly increase the trigger range of the traps, either  change his passive altogether or also give his teammates vision.

Message 5 of 9 (438 Views)

★★★ Pro

@BionicGrillHouse wrote:

My friends are really starting to get tired of me... 

I'm a level 44 Caustic main at the moment, and i think i'm doing pretty good.
The only problem is that my teammates are at a disadvantage when i'm using my abilities. Not only does my Nox Gas Traps block my teammates (For example if i'm trying to create cover in a doorway or a corridor) but they also can't see anything. Nox Gas Grenade (Almost) only benefit my team when i'm using it as a smoke to hide knocked down teammates. That's it.

It's only a matter of time before trolls start to abuse these things.

So please change Caustic's passiv to this:
"Allows you and your teammates to see enemies through your gas."
It's such a easy fix.
Have a wonderful day!

No thanks,  that'd be broken if everyone could see enemies.

Message 6 of 9 (433 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And he'll be broken because ???

Message 7 of 9 (392 Views)

★ Guide

*Allow traps to be placed on any surface (ceiling, wall, mountain)
*Increase radius for activating traps
*Place a DoT that last 6 seconds doing 3-4 dmg/second. The DoT refreshes every second you are in the gas. (To me, losing about 25 HP will maybe make people think twice)

This should force opponents to decide if they want to engage through gas
*Do NOT allow teammates to see through gas. Keep as is. 

*Re-work Caustics passive to allow his team to see through the gas if within a 'x' foot radius of Caustic. Basically, Caustic can provide them 'gas masks' within a certain radius (thinking a small radius, nothing too large)

Message 8 of 9 (387 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Caustic's gas aren't even that good. 
First, it takes time for his gas traps to activate and enemies are usually a good distance away, when the traps can start to take any effect on them. So most of the time, his traps are just used as a *-off-sign or to warn you (Only the one playing Caustic) that there's someone near the trap.
The only situation i find his ultimate good, is when you want to cover yourself or an knocked teammate and make your enemies stay out of the way. (Until they find cover a second after)
So i still think he's a bit weak compared to what some other legends's ultimate can do: Artillery strike, mortar strike, give yourself a (Kind of) thermal vision (Bloodhound), call in a Care Package that's almost just as good as a normal airdrop, and more.

However:
*Re-work Caustics passive to allow his team to see through the gas if within a 'x' foot radius of Caustic. Basically, Caustic can provide them 'gas masks' within a certain radius (thinking a small radius, nothing too large)
Is not a bad idea.

Message 9 of 9 (357 Views)