Caustic being able to throw traps through barred windows

by IlIlIIllIlIlIl

Original Post

Caustic being able to throw traps through barred windows

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

when youre holding a door on a building and caustic can throw his barrels into the window that in reality would never be able to fit is purely broken

youre holding a door popping a bat or cells standing completely still and he just throws a trap through the window next to the door behind you that will detonate even if youre not moving ..

why not just remove all charge up time for his ult? he forces me off my position when he shouldnt be able to. that is ridiculous

Message 1 of 17 (622 Views)

Re: Caustic being able to throw traps through barred windows

★★★★★ Pro

Aren't they small disks that open up into tge puffy things??

I can't remember.

Message 2 of 17 (596 Views)

★ Guide

Working as intended, l2p.

Its a small disk that inflates as it lands. 

Message 3 of 17 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Finding new ways to complain

Message 4 of 17 (548 Views)

★ Guide

If Caustic was able to force you out of your [Power] position, then I'd say he works as intended.

Caustic should be the one to quickly get people out of power positions and turn then fight to his favor.

That's why you need to play to each characters strength and weaknesses on the fly.

Message 5 of 17 (526 Views)

@IlIlIIllIlIlIl It's one of his few strengths. toss in that the traps are narrow, so he could throw them through that way..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 17 (518 Views)

★ Guide

@Eye_of_Horus_02 did you just lay learn to play? @EA_David this is why you get complaints about me, idiots come to me acting like caustic takes any level of skill and tell me learn to play LOL

there is nothing skillful about throwing a trap through a window that auto detonates even if im not moving while im holding a door which is the only play you can make in some instances. your hero is broken thats why you play him. im sure if EA can ever do something good for their game and change an actual oppressive hero not like pathfinder, you will be on here bawling your eyes out and i will remember that and come and tell you L2P you RAT LOL

Message 7 of 17 (471 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_David  hey dave baby, is this what you'd consider a good reply to a post from one of the highest exp people here? this guy comes to every single one of my posts acting like hes so much more morally superior because god forbid people ask to make changes to a game. this is cool tho right? talking about @BaldWraithSimp s reply there. just in case you dont get to see it it says "finding new ways to complain" wow yeah that wont start any type of argument will it dave baby, you have these people that sit here all day doing nothing but THIS on the forum to posts they dont like. fix your * game and forum bruh , dont message me when you got this going on lol

Message 8 of 17 (468 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't know, Caustic is pretty powerful but he's still not overused.  I like the way Caustic works and I even like fighting him.  Building camping is maybe a problem but its a BR game so you can't ever sit in a building forever.  Caustic is situationally powerful, but he's not universally so.  

He seems more powerful now that grenades have been reduced to 1 per slot.  You usually arc star your way in there, blow the doors.  Now you might just have to be smart and not get yourself killed fighting into a situation that favors Caustic.

Caustic is a defensive character, like Wattson.  He's meant to hold positions and buildings.  I know its weird the way his traps work and that you can hurl them through windows, but in most games I haven't found him to be super broken.

Message 9 of 17 (457 Views)

★ Guide

@KelRiever no one is talking about building camping. sometimes your only play is running behind a door, closing it while the enemy is right on the other side and popping a bat, and relying on if they kick x2 they will be stuck in the animation while you equalize by doing free damage after door breaks, or they nade it and you move, but caustic can throw a trap thru a window beside a door and basically ult you for free even if you dont move and you have no time to shoot the base of it. its broken.

Message 10 of 17 (453 Views)