Re: Caustic being able to throw traps through barred windows

by Daze623

Original Post

★★★ Expert

tbh what I would do is let the doors be shredded by a high number of points of damage from gunfire.  I mean, who knows, like make it 200 damage for all I care.  It gives options, gives use to high capacity weapons....Doors that can be kicked open and grenades should also be able to be shredded with enough gunfire...for game purposes not just conceptually.  I think that would give more options to this thing about caustic, while not necessarily hurting a Wattson (which is a character that does not need to be nerfed!)

Message 11 of 17 (316 Views)

★★ Guide
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl Can't get on board with this. I am a Caustic main, so I'm bound to appear biased here, but that is literally all he's got. That IS his power. He can chuck gas traps around to annoy people, defend areas, push teams, create barriers, etc.

Don't get me wrong, at times he seems like the single best legend to have in some scenarios. Me? I use him because everyone on PS4 cheats and uses aim assisted M&K now, so I have to utilise defence to slow down fights and stand a chance against the no-lifers, and it works - he is the best one for me. But then, if you look at the wider picture, so is Pathfinder. So is Wraith. Hell, so is Crypto. They all have something going for them and I almost always say to myself "*, I wish I was Pathfinder for this final ring" etc, and personally, this particular situation you've described has happened to me perhaps once this year. It may feel overpowering when it happens to you, but really, when does it actually happen? Does it happen more than Wraith being able to withstand final ring damage? Or more often than Gibby having an ult that essentially wins final circles on its own, whilst also having three forms of damage reduction at his disposal?

If you're holed up in a building, there has to be a way to force you to change position. The game would be bs otherwise. It'd become Call of Duty, everyone would camp. But they don't because it's very hard to do so in Apex due to map design, mechanics, and legend abilities.

Tl;Dr, for me, he works exactly as intended, and comes with his own weaknesses and counters just like everyone else. For example, another Caustic.
Message 12 of 17 (283 Views)

Champion
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl Quit hiding in a spot the gas man can get you.

Seriously you make some silly threads but this one takes it. His barrels are small discs that expand.

What is next, you should be able to shoot through cracks in the wood buildings?
Message 13 of 17 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@hayhor wrote:
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl

What is next, you should be able to shoot through cracks in the wood buildings?

Either I’m misinterpreting your definition of cracks here or I’m about to bring you some good news. If you meant the slightly open gaps, you can already shoot through those to hit enemies inside. It’s part of the high skill/IQ play style!

i oftentimes do this when there’s a caustic (cause the dumb suckers always stay in the corner right next to the door, the dark corner opposite, on the next lvl near the balcony door with the added staircase or right next to the plants on the opposite side. So I just Revenant my way up to the roof, jump down to the little lower roof (right above the balcony), aim inside and shoot the poor *(s). They usually dont know where they get hit from in the first second but by that time he/they are already down or running so frantically to get away from my bullets or arc star that they run into teammates below xD

otherwise I don’t know which cracks you mean :P if it has an opening, you can shoot through it in apex... even tho shooting between stairs dont make sense in apex somehow. You see bullets going through the stair gaps but somehow they end up blocked =_=

Message 14 of 17 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I'm Caustic main, that's BASIC game play to BREAK IN, nothing special about it, especially when the building guarded by wattson fence, since her ultimate will block my ultimate so I've to sneak gas trap.

I'm not sure why you're suprised Standard smile

Note:

Same when face Gibby dome, you put one outside (trigger it), then close in freely then sneak one inside the dome, so his dome doesn't give protection anymore (become useless) since he can't go in and go out easily anymore.

Message 15 of 17 (249 Views)

@IlIlIIllIlIlIl You don't have to take it personally when someone disagrees with you. It's not a personal attack on you or anything of the sort, it's simply a different opinion/view. You also don't have to flame, harass, or belittle them. Even if someone else does that to you or posts something in an abrasive or other wise confrontational way.. Just ignore the bad behavior, make your points and move on. It's what I do. I think you'll find you will sway more peoples opinions, make some friends and so on. I take members who are respectful to one another more seriously. I also take posts that lack inflammatory behavior more seriously.

Most members here, myself included want to have healthy open debate and discussions about the game, what we like, what we don't like and what we would like to see. We don't want drama, confrontation and other nonsense.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 17 (227 Views)

★ Expert
@IlIlIIllIlIlIl it's not a barrel. He's throwing small disk that inflates into a barrel.
Message 17 of 17 (208 Views)