Caustic be given fewer gas traps at the start of the game

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Caustic be given fewer gas traps at the start of the game

[ Edited ]

Am I just doing something wrong or is caustic over powered in the first few minutes of the game?

You land at labs, a caustic throws down a trap. You're going to die. The gas will blind you and it will slow you down. You won't be able to get a gun or do anything. There is nothing you can do but die.. Granted the gas is only effective in Labs and bunker or as a defensive player. So I'm sort of tore on this, but when ever I land at labs the gas seems over powered, opinions? 

I understand that outside of this the gas is fairly useless. Even defensively it can be useless because you can just shoot down the gas bags. But it's brutal at labs f you use the portal.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 5 (513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Caustic be given fewer gas traps at the start of the game

[ Edited ]
Champion

You can't nerf a legend based on one or two areas he's effective lol. You've got a  few options;

• Play caustic and you'll be immune
  • Use wraith tactical
  • Patjfinder grapple out of it
  • Don't land at labs via the portal
  • Bunker is extremely easy to counter...just shoot the traps base and its useless or use the above suggestions

Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

You can't nerf a legend based on one or two areas he's effective lol. You've got a  few options;

• Play caustic and you'll be immune
  • Use wraith tactical
  • Patjfinder grapple out of it
  • Don't land at labs via the portal
  • Bunker is extremely easy to counter...just shoot the traps base and its useless or use the above suggestions

Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Every single time I landed through the Labs portal and didn't like what I saw, I just immediately turned around and went back up. I don't get your point about "you can only die". Just turn around and bail - it's easy.

As for the gas, it's area denial tool. If you CHOOSE to walk into/through it - well that's your own fault.

Message 3 of 5 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If you want to see Crypto, simply land outside then go inside....smart huh?

Message 4 of 5 (422 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex I stopped reading at Caustic and over powered.

Whatever your argument is, is wrong.
Message 5 of 5 (406 Views)