Caustic and how it takes no skill to play him

by UrMomLovesIt5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Caustic and how it takes no skill to play him

★ Apprentice

Caustic is the easiest legend to play as, all he do is throw down gas 24/7 no skill needed. The most toxic people plays and him and has no gun skill majority of the time. He makes the game horrible and not wanting to play no matter what you do he’s OP kill his character off. Every other legend takes skill but him. Do Better

Message 1 of 12 (640 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Caustic and how it takes no skill to play him

★★ Guide
@UrMomLovesIt5 I’ll admit he is pretty strong on Kings Canyon but he’s not impossible to beat.
His gas canisters are only good if he’s already set them up somewhere or else they can be destroyed while he’s deploying them.

If you’re having trouble dealing with Caustic teams then don’t push them, he’s a defence legend remember so he wants you to initiate the fight and run into his house full of traps, instead try waiting until he’s forced to move because of the zone and then shoot him as he’s repositioning,

a Caustic caught out in the open can’t do much as he’s a big target and his traps take time to place before they’re able to go off without being destroyed instantly, not to mention he has no form of movement or repositioning abilities so try playing legends like Octane or Horizon and run circles around him when he’s out in the open, especially Octane as his stim gives him a slight reduction to the slowing affects caused by his gas. Or try playing more Recon legends to always make sure you’re in the next ring so you can set up there before a Caustic gets the chance to.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (629 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@UrMomLovesIt5 I’ll admit he is pretty strong on Kings Canyon but he’s not impossible to beat.
His gas canisters are only good if he’s already set them up somewhere or else they can be destroyed while he’s deploying them.

If you’re having trouble dealing with Caustic teams then don’t push them, he’s a defence legend remember so he wants you to initiate the fight and run into his house full of traps, instead try waiting until he’s forced to move because of the zone and then shoot him as he’s repositioning,

a Caustic caught out in the open can’t do much as he’s a big target and his traps take time to place before they’re able to go off without being destroyed instantly, not to mention he has no form of movement or repositioning abilities so try playing legends like Octane or Horizon and run circles around him when he’s out in the open, especially Octane as his stim gives him a slight reduction to the slowing affects caused by his gas. Or try playing more Recon legends to always make sure you’re in the next ring so you can set up there before a Caustic gets the chance to.

Message 2 of 12 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]

@UrMomLovesIt5 It takes quite a bit of skill to play him. His Gas is only useful if you can get the enemy in it or for holding down a building. Beyond that his abilities don't offer much.. You often have to rely on your skill with your gun to win fights, while also being a much larger target and having less movement capabilities as other legends. You also can not use those traps mid fight unless you already have a building secured. They take forever to activate and often get shot out of the air. Trying to throw those things down mid fight is a death sentence.. If you think his movement is not a big deal try playing him. You'll inevitability try to slide in the midst of a fight, he will just crouch down and you will be dead. He also gets caught up on map obstacles more amongst other things. 

He's not a bad legend, but he's definitely not OP.

He can be very strong in closed off places or when he's had a chance to prep an area. But he's not impossible to beat, you just have to wear the enemy caustic team down and take your time with it. He will eventually run out of traps and gas. You also have the option to toss nades into the building he's camping..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 12 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yea I hear you and will use the info u gave but when it be last ring and the circle close on a building it’s ridiculous. Thanks for understanding that this camping trash is an issue. 

Message 4 of 12 (611 Views)

★ Apprentice

Skill part I don’t agree wit but everything else I see what u mean, ima try and change my approach but it’s like every time I fight that man here’s come three more teams already lol

Message 5 of 12 (607 Views)

@UrMomLovesIt5 Yeah but how is that any different than dealing with a Gibi and Horizon when the ring is an open field? I'd much rather deal with a Caustic final ring than a Gibi ult.

What about a legend like path and final ring is an area where a path can zip to a high POI that you can't get to?

All legends have areas where they have strengths and it seems like it's unfair or they are OP in that specific situation. Some legends are more versatile but don't offer the same punch that others do.. A good example is Bangalore, she is really well rounded but she's not OP in any sense.

Message 6 of 12 (604 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Daze623 PROBABLY got 1200 kills

Message 7 of 12 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]

@UrMomLovesIt5 True it does not, but it makes it impossible to see unless your bloodhound or have a digital threat. The point I'm trying to make is all legends have strong points and weak points. Look at rev, it's brutal to be hit by his bombs and lose your abilities no matter what legend you are.

Caustics only strength is his gas and getting enemies in it. It can be avoided in most situations. Yeah it sucks in those situations that you can't avoid it..

Message 8 of 12 (482 Views)

Champion
@UrMomLovesIt5 Out of curiosity who do you main?
Message 9 of 12 (466 Views)

★ Apprentice

@hayhor My main is Lifeline

Message 10 of 12 (460 Views)