Cataclysm Comparision Video

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cataclysm Comparision Video

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is from Reddit, I know I know.. anyway. It really gets the point across...

You Be The Judge

Message 1 of 26 (658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cataclysm Comparision Video

★★★★★ Guide

Listen when the cataclysm starts. I am going to dig a fire pit on the beach, set up a Volleyball Net, and bring my 4x4 truck bed, full of beer and mixers. All you have to do is show up with your sunscreen. BEACH PARTY!!!!!!!!!

View in thread

Message 12 of 26 (763 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

When I watched the stream I knew this would be coming. 

Message 2 of 26 (653 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The weather in the game now seems more severe than in the stream.

Message 3 of 26 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin Doesn't matter what the source is at all.

The main point is sound!

They keep feeding us * and expect us to be happy about it.

We still Remember E3 Be-aware!

Looking at that nice calm beach version of cataclysm and then comparing it to what it actually should have looked like, PRICELESS!

Are you Monitoring, EA_A-Z?<<---You can get this video back to the "Teams" and tell them: We still Remember E3.

Gives us what you promised!

Message 4 of 26 (589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

In a word, the live stream was utterly disappointing.  This Cataclysm, as shown, is absolute garbage.

Ignore established lore, gameplay, world, previous promises, etc. and go for the lowest denominator of cliched gaming tropes and turn it into a trivial arcade game with additional grind for no reason for stuff that won’t reward you (thereby continuing the lack of progression) and hope no one notices.  If I wanted a score and leaderboards then I would go play any number of great arcade classics that, in their intuitive elegance, are far better and more fun than this garbage looks to be.

I am about done with hoping for this pile.  From day one, this game has reeked of amateur design and execution amplified by incompetent, ill-focused leadership and snake oil.  This proves more clearly that they are lost and desperately grasping for anything, oblivious to the desires of those few players still hanging on and with no intention of fulfilling those requests.

Message 5 of 26 (550 Views)

I wish I understand the point of these lame videos.

Every effort was made in the livestream not to spoil the Cataclysm for players and now people are behaving as if they have played it.

They haven't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 6 of 26 (547 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

And your acting as if the live stream was a vague descript of what was to come.

They were literally trying to showcase some of their best stuff man.

Message 7 of 26 (533 Views)

★★★ Guide

Rain, strong wind, lightnings, thunder - I had this exact "Cataclysm" last week. Ofc its naive to refer to the E3 video, but could it look more devastating, as if it really was caused by the mighty Anthem of Creation, not just by our dear nature.

Message 8 of 26 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Every effort was made in the livestream not to spoil the Cataclysm for players and now people are behaving as if they have played it.

They haven't.

What?? The point??

Are you serious?!

So you would settle for a sunny beach instead of what they initially had in store for the game.

It all makes sense now.

Be-aware, never had a clue as to what the cataclysm should be.

1. fact they delayed the roadmap

2. They probably delayed the first fact because they needed to come up with something to show for their stream.

3. Its out of the way, and they hope they can pull of E3 in silence.<--not gonna happen!!

4. It will be done in Another 2 months.<--So cataclysm is gonna be delayed 3 months in all!! UNACCEPTABLE!

5. Why can't these Luck and loot changes be implemented now?!<----f@ck cataclysm, its gonna be a fiasko, if the game survives another 2 months.

Another 2 months of No loot, garbage inscriptions and way way way way way way less people to matchmake with.

Bloody offer me my money back, and Iam f@cking!!! OUT OF HERE!! 

Message 9 of 26 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

They haven't.

Seriously? Seriously? Seriously???

The point is they advertised a world-ending storm with trees and debris flying around, lightening that lit up the ground, fires and damage and all we got is a mild summer shower in comparison. The weather effects in the game now are more severe than what they showed in the live stream. 

Message 10 of 26 (463 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help