Carried Objectives

by PoisonedOak818

Original Post

Carried Objectives

★★★★★ Newbie

I've found it impossible to complete the Carry Bombs objective for Zombies. The Plant opposite has the opportunity to get in with abilities and then it gets easier and easier to get the batteries out with vanquish treadmilling, but the Zombies don't need abilities to carry but can't treadmill their way in. I think part of it is that there isn't enough trade off to carrying. You are just a big target mark on the map. Maybe if carrying zombies got to sprint or got some shields, or maybe if they didn't have a big marker over their heads. I'll also point out that Zombies are out of bounds at the rescued eel pool, while Plants can camp the hell out of the base of the Malowmortar. IDK about the solution- I'm just pointing out an issue I see here. 

Message 1 of 8 (434 Views)

Re: Carried Objectives

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PoisonedOak818Same, it's the only one that I find next to impossible. Batteries are so easy to get, delivering the bombs though is actual Hell.

Feels like a free win every time I'm on plants side for that made, especially if I cheese camp with Chomper traps

Message 2 of 8 (427 Views)

★★ Guide

This doesn't really solve the difficulty level of the zombies carrying the bombs, but if the dropped batteries could be returned to their starting positions by the zombies holding the X button when standing near them it would ramp up the difficulty for the plants a little. 

Maybe they could add an additional bomb for the zombies. Give them 4 instead of 3? Just spitballing. 

Message 3 of 8 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I actually managed to win a Mallowmortar by meat shielding for the bomb runners. However, this only works in a group of friends, the plants don't guard all the entries, or someone on your team isn't going for Vanq Leader like everyone else.

Message 4 of 8 (349 Views)

★ Guide
@PoisonedOak818 Yeah I dunno, I really hate this map though lmao
It's so fun till you get to the marsh mortars and then I want to blow my brains out. I usually just flat don't play for the objective on this map because I hate it so much.

I think it's really stupid the marshmortars can actually 1 shot kill you and there are WAY too many chokes on this map that can be easily abused. The map needs to be opened up a bit, the chokes are so freaking tight
Message 5 of 8 (334 Views)

Champion (Retired)

https://trello.com/b/x7uUvrqG/pvzbfn-tracker

many changes coming soon and I’m sure this will be one of them.

Good luck with it.

Message 6 of 8 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've had mixed results on the mallowmortar. I've seen it won and won it as zombies many times. It is much more difficult than getting the batteries at the end of turning point, but that one is way too easy for the plants, especially thanks to the bonus time you get for grabbing batteries.

Message 7 of 8 (308 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They need to severely fix how several of the Turf Takeover maps end.  They are heavily biased one way or the other, usually based on how screwed up the timekeeping and overtime settings are in this game.

Message 8 of 8 (281 Views)