Car Sounds (XSX)

by cure_me

Original Post

Car Sounds (XSX)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Not sure if intentional, but the car sounds are way too low (and flat). You only need to boot up Grid (2019), where the engine and gearbox sounds are in your face screaming at you, to see (hear) the huge difference.

Also, spatial audio is disabled and cannot be enabled (XSX).

Message 1 of 11 (1,977 Views)

Re: Car Sounds (XSX)

★★★★★ Novice

Totally agree the car, brakes and gear changes are way too low! I hope they fix it soon. One thing Codemasters usually nail is the sound!

Message 2 of 11 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I agree. I'm on xbox series x too and I think the volume is too low. Even when moving the slider to 10. Also special audio is stuck on disabled regardless if Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos is enabled or disabled.

Message 3 of 11 (1,851 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Completely agree, The sounds for the cars is way to quiet.  There needs to be a lot more effort to make the sounds more realistic.  Sound on Fornza 7 for example is much better. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep same here, I played a lot of GRID 2019 on XSX prior to the GRID Legends release and the sounds in there were more rich than in Legends. Also the sound mix is completely off, I barely hear the spoken dialogue in story mode and many commentator dialogue is just missing (you see subtitles popping up but no spoken dialogue).

I hope they fix these sound options soon, it’s the biggest thing that needs fixing soon IMO. Other than that the game runs as smooth as butter on my XSX.

Message 5 of 11 (1,812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So happy to hear its not just me! LOL the sounds make a huge difference to the immersion, and its baffling why the audio is like it when GRID 2019 was perfect. Btw feel free to add me for some mp races. im on PC, my EA username is Strider1979. Wink

Message 6 of 11 (1,805 Views)

★★ Novice

It's annoying can't hear our car! I already remembered to look for pirated solutions, but I fear being banned... I feel sad! Frown Devil

Message 7 of 11 (1,606 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

yes too quiet.

Message 8 of 11 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, can't hear your own car. Other cars are louder. Need to be able to control the volume of your own car!

Message 9 of 11 (1,507 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would say that the car sounds are now ‘adequate’ but still pale in comparison to GRID 2019 which really makes no sense. Given we have now had a few patches I assume the car sounds are as good as they’re going to get.

Message 10 of 11 (1,387 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help