Captain Dreadbeard/Cactus feedback

by KrudeGaming

Original Post

Captain Dreadbeard/Cactus feedback

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Captain Dreadbeard feels so weak compared to previous games and Cactus in current iteration, which is clearly plant counterpart. The Cpt has 12 ammo in mag, when Cactus has 32 ammo, so you can make a maximum of 3 fully charged shots before you have to reload when cactus can do almost triple the amount, you could argue that cactus's secondary fire is automatic and Cpt has a close range shotgun, so he doesn't need that much ammo, but that's not the primary use for these characters, they are not designed to be acorns or scientists, they are designed to be long range fighters who pick targets from afar. The barrel also doesn't protect you from Chomper Burrowing you,comparing to GW2 which is an additional minus. The Cpt Dreadbeard upgrades are weak compared to Cactus, Cactus has many significantly good talents like Calibrated, which is massive for Cactus, Cpt doesn't get to have faster zoom damage charge upgrade whatsoever, so if you know your character, you need those max charged shots for most optimal damage output. If you are near engineer turret, you feel like a god with that fast charging of shots, so that Cpt doesn't get to have that upgrade is a massive difference. Popcorn is another often picked upgrade for Cactus, which is useful when enemies are grouped. In comparison, Cpt's upgrades feel very lackluster.Freebie? Cactus also has ammo generation through Looting. Heavy Metal? Please, this is laughable, it costs 4, when same talent for Cactus, Alacrity costs 3 upgrade points. So far I don't see a reason why I would pick Cpt if I could pick Cactus, if everyone was on same team.

Message 1 of 8 (541 Views)

Re: Captain Dreadbeard/Cactus feedback

★★★★ Guide

Dude, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with dreadbeard, I play him and get rekt by him on a regular basis. Full snipe is almost 100 damage, that’s insane. Do you understand how annoying TT is against a team of campy dreadbeards?

Message 2 of 8 (497 Views)

★ Guide
@Shinobicap Cactus can do the same and better than Dreadbeard with 8 charged shots in magazine compared to Dreadbeard's 3 shots, before he has to reload, which is really good, Cactus has overall better upgrades than Dreadbeard, he has really bad upgrades in my opinion. Of course they both have same damage values for each charge and headshot.
Message 3 of 8 (460 Views)

★ Guide
@KrudeGaming Parrot is better than Cactus's though. Like I agree Deadbeard's upgrades aren't very good, but being one shot by his "eggsplosion" is awful to play against. Also barrel is extremely good, makes him a much better close ranged fighter than Cactus.

I love playing Deadbeard as a kamikaze character, running in, blowing up, running out while shotgunning and then abusing the overpowered parrot on cooldown, I barely ever snipe with him tbh. I'd love to see a slight buff to his shotgun, the upgrade is nice for the tighter spread but aye
Message 4 of 8 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Both characters need balancing on close range primaries with increase dps and decrease on long range. A good balance for each would be 10 dps for cactus with fewer shots like the bandit cactus and 16-20 (non pelet) dps for the pirate.  On the long range there should be 2 charged shots with 30 and 60 dps max for each of them. Based on the fast play and sprinted added to the game I believe this would work.

Message 5 of 8 (441 Views)

★ Guide
@Gowron248 Parrot and Garlic Drone deal about the same damage, although Drone does it in more shots than Parrot, but it shouldn't matter that much, even if your Drone dies in 2's duration it will finish launching those missiles, just have to land your shots, which I have no problems with.
For close range Cactus has of course his 4 potato mines which recharge, and the automatic secondary fire, which is decent. Those mines are meant to be set up to defend your camping position in case of ambush. If you get more kills with barrel and shotgunning/ using parrot on cooldown, there are more way to playing the character, which is just scoping, which you don't ever use, but I could get a lot of kills just with scope, more than 40 vanquishes for a standard 20 minute game, and use barrel when you get ambushed. There are of course your way of playing the game, but I don't think you can rack up as many vanquishes by playing that way instead of just using the scope. I don't think he is meant to be played that way, but that's just my view on that.
Message 6 of 8 (439 Views)

★ Guide
@FootSoldier9908 They already have those values for long range, on 2nd level of charge it does 34 damage, or 32? on a bodyshot and 62 damage on level 3/max charge bodyshot/ 98 on headshot.
Message 7 of 8 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I am aware and believe those two charges are all they need along with added close range dps to balance them.

Message 8 of 8 (410 Views)