Captain Deadbeard vs Cactus

by GodlyGamerBEAST

Original Post

Captain Deadbeard vs Cactus

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Me as a player of PVZ BFN, I feel that zombies are just better than plants, with the zombies and plants that are similar to each other in their primary and some/all of their abilities such as Captain deadbeard vs cactus

Captain Deadbeard V.S Cactus

Their sniping is the same, and their secondary is trash, I believe that captain deadbeard shotgun is better than cactus rapid fire cactus shot, with the  shotgun you can jump around and shoot the enemy one at a time, with cactus not so much, you have a rapid fire weapon, which requires you to hit most of your shots, which is not a good secondary to bunny hop with, and me as a player has gotten way more vanquishes with captain deadbeards shotgun, than cactus's rapid fire.

Ability comparison

potato mine is basically equal to power to the barrel, the barrel is mostly for defensive purposes as you cannot be damaged in the barrel, this is a useful ability for escaping and running away to cover, this ability is useful because with captain deadbeard only having 100 health points, he is an easy target. with the cactus the potato mine doesn't provide physical cover, the potato mine is easy to spot in this game and you can easily destroy it, though the potato mine is good for defending the point in Turf Takeover and other modes. Atleast one person on the zombie team will spot the potato mine and destroy it. I play cactus frequently, and when running away, I place potato mines around corners where people wont suspect them. but since every cactus player puts potato mines were people wont suspect them, potato mines are now suspected to players who are chasing a cactus, and know to look for potato mines. So I give the vote to the barrel for mostly being a defensive ability and sometimes being used for the offense.

Parrot Pal and Garlic Drone

The parrot pal and the garlic drone are both the same thing, but they only have one thing different about them, their ability, The bulb strike will require you to aim multiple shots of a weapon that has area damage. while the eggsplosion will require you to just aim and shoot one egg which will deal massive damage, and after that a series of attacks will come down on where you shot the eggsplosion, the eggsplosion does more damage than the bulb barrage, and is better capable of killing groups of plants. So I vote the parrot  pal being the better ability.

Escape ability.

The cactus has an ability which allows it to propel itself upwards and fly in the air for a few seconds, this ability is used for escaping and getting to higher places. Captain Deadbeard has an ability called anchors away, this ability is used to escape and getting to higher places for a vantage point. When you use the ability you will have an anchor that you can move, you press the fire button and the anchor will fire, the anchor will move you with it. This abilities all have the same purpose and do the same things, but they are just used a bit differently, but there still are some differences between them. When the cactus uses his escape ability to fly in the air , he will basically fly at the same height  for a few second, which will make him vulnerable to incoming attacks, and you cannot cancel the ability. The anchor will instantly move you to the place of you choice, not allowing you to be shot while moving. The anchor can also be used as an offensive move instead of defensive. If you hit an enemy with the anchor you will deal 50 damage, this allows you to hit your enemy with the anchor and then finish them off. The anchors away ability has more uses than the cactus's fly away ability and is safer. On this ability I vote the anchors away ability to be better.

Conclusion

Captain deadbeard got all 4 points. Character primary and secondary, and all 3 abilities. This redeems captain deadbeard to be better than cactus

This is going to be an entire series, I will compare all the zombies and plants to their similar counterparts. I Will make one comparison each day. I might need some help finding out what would be the similar counterpart of some of the characters. And you can write down in the reply section what comparison you want me to do next. Thanks!

Message 1 of 53 (1,103 Views)

Re: Captain Deadbeard vs Cactus

★★★ Pro
@GodlyGamerBEAST have to agree. deadbeard is just way easier to get kills with. and is also much harder to kill than cactus.
Message 2 of 53 (1,084 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GodlyGamerBEAST Cactus is better at long ranged combat since it has a better time protecting its sniping spot (potato mine). however, deadbeard is better at close ranged since it’s non-zoomed weapon and barrrel is close. tbh, I kinda prefer cactus mostly since I prefer it’s non zoomed weapon but just my opinion
Message 3 of 53 (1,076 Views)

@GodlyGamerBEAST I agree with you.
And comparing their upgrades, I feel that Deadbeard's are stronger.
He has many useful upgrades, but Cactus does not, I think.
Message 4 of 53 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Agree, but actually the scurvy scattershot and spike shot are actually their primary. It should be their primary, anyway doesn't matter.

Can someone explain to me this. How much damage does Deadbeard do with non-crit, Because I found a cactus that I was doing 72 damage to. I was aiming for the head, so it should do crit. I did try on others, and they get the correct damage. Also the cactus player insta-killed me at full health. The only thing that was different, was that the cactus had the gnome sparkles. But I swear that does not give a player extra damage and give them some protection.

Message 5 of 53 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GodlyGamerBEASTCactus and Deadbeard are supposed to have weak close range primary attacks because they're long range snipers! Cactus is able to snipe more often as long if the potato mines covering her flanks get the vanquishes. Deadbeard can't snipe as often because he has to keep checking flanks.

Message 6 of 53 (1,047 Views)

★ Guide
@GodlyGamerBEAST For tomorrow should I compare the Citron and the All-Star?
Message 7 of 53 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GodlyGamerBEASTSure. Both tanks are really good. All-Star has better offense while having a 200 hp bubble and Citron has a 600 hp shield while having decent offense.

Message 8 of 53 (1,025 Views)

★ Guide
@Joseph2004045 Thanks for the information!
Message 9 of 53 (962 Views)

★ Guide

@Multiwarfare wrote:

Agree, but actually the scurvy scattershot and spike shot are actually their primary. It should be their primary, anyway doesn't matter.

Can someone explain to me this. How much damage does Deadbeard do with non-crit, Because I found a cactus that I was doing 72 damage to. I was aiming for the head, so it should do crit. I did try on others, and they get the correct damage. Also the cactus player insta-killed me at full health. The only thing that was different, was that the cactus had the gnome sparkles. But I swear that does not give a player extra damage and give them some protection.

The gnome sparkles does make you do more damage and gives you protection.
Message 10 of 53 (954 Views)