Re: Captain Combustible Aggro Deck-High Win Rate, No Legendaries

by patdk75

Original Post

Captain Combustible Aggro Deck-High Win Rate, No Legendaries

★ Guide

Here is a captain combustible deck I have had a ton of success with lately. ~80% winrate. It has 0 legendaries. 

Decklist:

Hero: Captain Combustible

4x Blooming Heart(1 cost-flower plant-2/2, when this does damage, it gets +1 attack)

4x High-Voltage Current(1 cost-berry plant-1/1, this gets +1 attack when another berry does damage. When played, conjure a berry[any card of the berry type])

4x Wild Berry(2 cost-berry plant-4/1, when played: this moves to a random lane)

4x Berry Blast(2 cost-berry trick-do 3 damage)

4x Fire Peashooter(2 cost-pea plant-3/2)

4x split pea(2 cost-pea plant4/1, before combat here: this does 1 damage to the plant hero)

4x black-eyed pea(2 cost-bean pea plant-2/3, this gets +1/+1 when a zombie trick is played)

4x lily of the valley(2 cost-flower plant-1/3, when you play a plant on heights, that plant gets +2/+2)

4x Poison Ivy(3 cost-leafy berry plant-1/3, anti hero 4)

4x cro-magnolia(3 cost-flower plant-2/4, plant evolution: plant here and next door[including this plant]get +2 attack)

Crafting Cost: 22,120 sparks. there are 4 basic cards in this deck which all players should have.

Replacements:

Fire pea is the only card I really feel like a personally wouldn't mind replacing. I would recommend using either Fireweed(2 cost-flower root plant-3/3, when played on the ground: make hot lava[before combat: do 1 damage to all plants and zombies here] here), or berry angry(3 cost-berry trick-all plants get +2 attack). banasaurus rex and astro-shroom, and clique peas are all also potential cards for the deck, but they all seemed a little bit slow to act for me, but not out of the realm of use I guess.

Review:

This deck has 8 one cost cards, 24 two cost cards, and 8 three cost cards. This is supposed to be a very fast, aggro and tempo deck. You should always have something threatening an opponent. Your hero powers will also be great at helping you eliminate your opponent quickly. Turn 4-6 lethal is almost certainly necessary for the win, as the only card draw in the deck is high-voltage berry.

Gameplay:

Would recommend mulliganning until you hit either blooming heart or high voltage berry, you won't need both but 2 one drops isn't a bad things. After that, keep pressure on the board, buff what is unblocked, and take quick, relatively easy wins. Be sure to play around things such as chickening. If it is turn 4, and they are the crazy class, and they play nothing, be sure not to overcommit. Only play something with 3+ health at that point.

Wrap-Up:

Honestly, outside of common sense, there's not a whole lot of skill involved here. It plays like a regular aggro deck, it just works very well because plants have the benefit of being able to react to what zombies play, and then play their plants in an unblocked lane. 

If you want a more in-depth analysis, just comment below and ask for it. Sorry for the short review but I'm in a bit of a hurry, my next deck-tech won't be as rushed in the explanation department.

And, be sure to comment with your results! Please play a minimum of 5 games before reporting, and if you made small edits to the deck, based on preference/lack of collection size, be sure to specify what those changes were.

Have a good one Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (1,943 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Needs 4 repeat moss
Message 2 of 7 (1,938 Views)

★ Guide

@UnholyJuggernaut tested with it, and it's too slow. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jakeman102201 for replacements for fire pea...  my top three would be:

1.  sweet potato (1 sun, 0/3 that moves a zombie to the lane it's played) this card is an incredible value, especially when playing imp decks.  it's a great way to pull TWI to a lane and protect the card that will take it out.  it's also and incredibly strong and valuable card when played on the high lane in conjunction with Lily.

2.  sweet pea (2 sun, 2/3 that moves a zombie to the lane it's played) this card has a lot going for it.  it's strength, especially when played with lily is that it can move a zombie to it's lane and do fairly strong damage on it's own.  it's weakness (in my eyes) compared to sweet potato is that it isn't a team up, meaning you're more limited by what you already have out on the board.  

both 1. and 2. are great cards because they allow you to control your opponents lanes without the use of tricks.  meaning some of the more powerful untrickable zombies can still be affected.  but, there is one more strong option i like.

3.  banana peel (1 sun, trick, move a zombie, conjure a banana) this card can be valuable in a budget deck for a number of reasons.  controlling the board is paramount in card games.  while, being a trick, it can't move protected zombies; if you can, this card will give you exceptional value.  the bananas you get can be game changing.  if you don't play with legendaries, it can give you two of the best in the game.  if you do already play with bananasaurus, this card will buff him for one cost, move a zombie and give you a generally good card.  also worth noting, if you have a captain cucumber on the board, the card you draw will also cost one less sun.  for banana bombs, that's a free two damage...

Message 4 of 7 (1,875 Views)

★ Guide

@daalnnii I like the ideas, but for an aggro deck I'd rather focus on tempo than card draw

Message 5 of 7 (1,860 Views)

Champion (Retired)

haha!  i suppose you're right.  probably better with one of the first two.  i'm so used to playing bananasaurus, card draw is part of the aggro!

Message 6 of 7 (1,858 Views)

★★ Pro
Yeah I'm wirh you on that. Grass Knuckles using Tricarrottops and Bananasaurus, I try to draw as much as I can.

But even with the tempo, it can stop pretty quickly if twi comes to play, which is why banana peel is a great card because it brings the twi to you, and gives you a dinoroar. But any of the three cards he mentioned will do the trick, and not only sumo well, whoever, but are cheaper than fire pea

I also love the sweet potato @daalnnii and I am surprised how rarely ever I face them. With the lily(or two even better) sweet potato is beast! And teamup in case no lillies out, and it can still protect the plant used to kill twi or whatever nuisance
Message 7 of 7 (1,855 Views)