Re: Cant play games I paid for and have owned for years since I cancelled EA PLA

by mjr_havok

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant play games I paid for and have owned for years since I cancelled EA PLAY!

★★★ Apprentice

Ive had to contact support chat 3 times now as my games that I already own are not showing as available since I cancelled EA Play! 

Im SOOOOO frustrated with this..its happened three times this week, first with BF Hardline, then BFV, and now BF1, and the people on the chat are pretty clueless about how to sort the situation giving useless advice like relogging to origin, or the last one was " you need to integrate your game to origin"  and talking me through this whole rigmarole on logging onto origin website to "integrate" battlefield 1 to my account, when there is NO SUCH THING! 

The last one got it working SOMEHOW, Im really not sure he knew how either, and told me if it happened again to "repeat the steps" and when I asked what steps he didn't know!!  He said vaguely just relog into origin, or reinstall the game.. so helpful! 

SOOO of course it happened again today.. I go to launch Battlefield one, which I have owned since launch in 2016 and have 1526 hours of playtime,  and it tells me I dont own it as Ive cancelled my EA Play and I have to buy the game or resub to EA play. SO I follow the kind tech dudes advice and uninstall and try to reinstall... but of course as it thinks I dont own the game there is NO OPTION to reinstall!!

Im SOO frustrated with this!! and every time I try to get support I get some clueless tech guy who doesn't know how to fix it and every time they ask me when I bought the game etc.

PLEASE is there ANY other way to get tech support properly from someone who REALLY can fix it??  I cant access any other support from EA apart from live chat, and the support I'm getting isn't working, they are clueless,  and cant fix it so  I can play the games I own!  I'm simply NOT prepared to sit again for the fourth time, talking to some person who doesnt know what they are talking about, for over an hour trying to sort this, for it to still not actually work anyway! 

I've had an EA account nearly 20years, but this is the last straw.. I really think the company needs to invest in its customer support or just close down.. im so fed up with them as a company its just disgraceful how poor the support has become and how buggy their platforms are.. dont get me started on the EA Play app!!!!!!!!!!!  I wont be buying a game from again them if this is how its going to be! 

Message 1 of 10 (1,361 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant play games I paid for and have owned for years since I cancelled EA PLA

I'm sad to hear that didn't work @mjr_havok, I've asked another CM for help, they said the fix can only be done by an EA advisor.
Now I understand you didn't have a good interaction with the EA Help people. That's why the CM and I would suggest contacting them on Twitter. 

You can find the EA support Twitter here, with an account you can DM them: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Do let us know is they have been successful in resolving the issue! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,169 Views)

All Replies

Hey @mjr_havok,

Could you try right-clicking the game in Origin and selecting 'Uninstall' and then 'Revert game edition'?
This should revert the game away from the EA Play subscription. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion but when I first had the issue I searched and tried VERY hard to solve it myself and nothing worked.  Tthat was one of the given solutions, but no option is in the list there for "revert game edition" on any of my games.

If you look at the third pic I attached you can see there is no option to install or revert.

Message 3 of 10 (1,296 Views)

Hey @mjr_havok,

Hm that's too bad, what happens when you click the Buy the game button? 
Could you try clearing the Origin cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 10 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

As you describe it Origin isn't behaving as it should, and that can sometimes be down to cache issues, so please try that.

I'm also curious about the "buy" again route. 

From looking at my end I don't see any account-side issues. This is good, so hopefully we can get this straightened out before too much longer.

Edit: Just looking through your notes, it appears that you were able to play at least one game after a repair. Did this game persist in working or did the issue re-occur?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions... 

I cleared the Cache.. this didn't work sadly.  Still not having any install option on BF1 page in library, but also since uninstalling there is no buy option either so I'm unable to test that. 

However, if I go to "store" and search BF1 it says "yYou own the revolution.  Click here to view in library.".    Clicking that takes me back to the same BF1 page with no option to install or buy.

It did stop being an issue with the other games (BFV and Hardline), but I cant say how or why unfortunately.  It was saying the same, that I had to buy or resub, then suddenly it wasn't after a relog.  BF1 however is being VERY stubborn and nothing so far has worked. 

PS If I click "view all editions" and I can see that I own "revolutions" which was the premium edition, as it has a green check mark, and the only buy options are to "buy as a gift".

Message 6 of 10 (1,210 Views)

I'm sad to hear that didn't work @mjr_havok, I've asked another CM for help, they said the fix can only be done by an EA advisor.
Now I understand you didn't have a good interaction with the EA Help people. That's why the CM and I would suggest contacting them on Twitter. 

You can find the EA support Twitter here, with an account you can DM them: https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Do let us know is they have been successful in resolving the issue! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 10 (1,170 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ive DM'd on Twitter as you suggest and sent a link to this thread so they dont suggest the same things again.

STUNNING how much work I have to do these day to get what should be a simple fix.  Used to just send in a ticket with a few screenshots and get the help I needed straight away.  A few back and forth emails and it would be sorted.  Not now, have to go on chat with people who cant fix it, spend hours of my time, go on a forum, again a few hours and no fix, and now have to DM EA on twitter, just to get access to a game I've owned since 2016 and played over 1000hrs!!

Message 8 of 10 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So I went to Twitter and they suggested the same (clear cache, and reinstall) but added the extra clean boot.. and it fixed it!! Must have been a background app somehow interfering with Origin? Most likely AVAST... but who knows for sure! 

SO if anyone else has this issue, the FIX that worked for me was a clean boot.. IE disaable all non MS background services and all start-up items inc your AV. 

So I need a new AV now?  or now its fixed will it be ok to reinstall Avast?

Thanks for helping solve this @Phantomlover1717 and @EA_David  and although I complained a lot I really did appreciate both your inputs.  Cheers!!

Message 9 of 10 (1,049 Views)

That's really great to hear @mjr_havok. I'd suggest testing with Avast and seeing if the problem returns.
Thanks for letting us know what fixed the issue for you! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 10 (1,031 Views)