Re: Cant open games on Origin Windows

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant open games on Origin Windows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Cant open games on Origin Windows

My Fifa 20 on Origin now request me to enter the code I bought. After I entered the code, it said "This code has already been redeemed."

I found out many ppl have the same problems like me. I also restart the PC, quit then restart the Origin but nothing happen.

Please help thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (717 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @kataducanh if you purchased the game from a third-party retailer and run into issues with the game then you would need to speak with the retailer: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

We are not able to assist with issues related to codes bought from these retailers.

Trusted PC digital online retailers

Worldwide

Asia

Europe

North America

What about other PC digital retailers?

Purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but sometimes these retailers are not all they may seem to be.

Some unauthorized retailers bring risks with each purchase you attempt to make, and they can put your account and personal information in danger. Make sure to protect yourself:

• At best, you might get the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
  • At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity with your payment details.
  • Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.

A secondary account would be under a different email, you can only link the one email to a single EA account. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (661 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @kataducanh are you launching the game from within the Origin account on which you purchased the game?

You can often see this error if launching the game from an .exe or other gaming platform but are logged into an Origin account on the system that does not have the game associated with it.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Darko , thank you for your reply.

I purchased the game and entered the digital key before, I've been playing this for years. I have only one Origin account so I cant login by mistake to another account.

I tried launching the game from .exe file, Origin app on Windows PC, and ALSO AT WEBSITE ORIGIN.COM BUT MY GAMES & ALL MY ORIGIN POINTS DISSAPEAR.

EA please fix this.

Message 3 of 8 (684 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kataducanh where did you purchase the game from?

That you are not seeing any of your games when you log in on the website or app would make me believe that you have signed into a secondary account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought from G2A. Sure I've logged into the account because I always set auto login & my Orgin account only have 1 local friend to play game with him. I saw someone said the product code only redeemed for 1 account. I still have the product code & can EA check and resolve this problem?

P/S: Secondary account is the same email or different email to the right account?

I opened the game Fifa 20 & see the words that this game can only play with EA Play, so is this a mistake or this game never allow to play on Origin anymore?

Message 5 of 8 (672 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @kataducanh if you purchased the game from a third-party retailer and run into issues with the game then you would need to speak with the retailer: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

We are not able to assist with issues related to codes bought from these retailers.

Trusted PC digital online retailers

Worldwide

Asia

Europe

North America

What about other PC digital retailers?

Purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but sometimes these retailers are not all they may seem to be.

Some unauthorized retailers bring risks with each purchase you attempt to make, and they can put your account and personal information in danger. Make sure to protect yourself:

• At best, you might get the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
  • At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity with your payment details.
  • Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.

A secondary account would be under a different email, you can only link the one email to a single EA account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sure i'm not the only one have this problems recently. Thank you for your support.

I never play EA games again.

Message 7 of 8 (654 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kataducanh if you purchase games from non-supported retailers then you can see issues such as this.

We can only support issues related to purchases from games purchased from authorised retailers.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (648 Views)