Re: Cannot reinstall previously uninstalled app

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot reinstall previously uninstalled app

★ Novice

I recently started up Aeon Wars : Galactic Conquest on my phone. I had Games Tools (Samsung product included on some models) floating button onscreen and wanted to remove it.
I used to be able to drag the button to top center of the screen to hide it, but this no longer works after the OTA update from Oreo(8.0) to Pie(9.0), something I did not realise then, so I went to game tools settings screen while the game was still loading. Discovered then that it must be a result of the update, and hit the back button whale cartoon.
The loading progress bar was empty, and the game did nothing aside from displaying the moving(gyroscope) intro/loading screen. I quit the game, restarted it, it remained the same, getting to the moving(gyro) screen, and no further. I then uninstalled the game. Every time I have tried to reinstall it, it gets to the 'Installing...' message, then says it can't install it.
I've cleared google play store's cache, then data, then the same for play services, services framework, download/download manager. That changed nothing, so I did all of those steps agan and uninstalled updates to playstore and google services with no change. I don't know what else to do aside from a factory reset, and I prefer not to do that if there is another way. I don't have readily, access to a computer, and my phone is not rooted.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown SM-S767VL
Android 9.0 (Pie) (shipped with android 8.0 (Oreo)
2GB RAM 16 GB Internal storage

Message 1 of 2 (364 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @championromantic we are not able to assist with any issues related to non-EA games.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @championromantic we are not able to assist with any issues related to non-EA games.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (338 Views)