by Peanutbutterheck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot load Mirr

★ Novice

20th Jan 2021

Mirror's Edge Cataylst will not load. I get this 'MSVCP120.dll' error message:

MSVCP120 error message.jpg

I have tried reinstalling both the game and Origin, nothing worked. I also tried reinstalling the two 'vcredist_x64' files, still nothing. Many thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 9 (30,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot load Mirr

Community Manager

Hey @mwr1 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (30,941 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @mwr1 can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (30,942 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Darko,

Many thanks for the swift reply!

Tried what you advise but no luck, still getting the same message. Any other possible fixes?

Message 3 of 9 (30,916 Views)

Community Manager

The error points to an issue with your VC++ install @mwr1, did you install both versions for both OS?

If so then can you try a clean install of the drivers to see if that helps?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (30,910 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Darko,

Still not working. Thank you very much for your help on this but I will leave the game alone for now and move on to other things...

Message 5 of 9 (30,900 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mwr1 that error is a system error and not an Origin or game-specific one so you may see this issue elsewhere on your system.

As such it is worth trying to get this fixed.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (30,889 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

It looks like the link early does not include vc 12.0 - you should also tell folks to download this link:  Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs

Visual Studio 2013 (VC++ 12.0)

These links download the latest supported en-US Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2013. You can download other versions and languages from Update for Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package or from my.visualstudio.com.

VISUAL STUDIO 2013 (VC++ 12.0)Architecture Version Link
X8612.0.40664.0vcredist_x86.exe
X6412.0.40664.0vcredist_x64.exe

Other versions

Message 7 of 9 (30,660 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THIS!!! I was having issues launching Titanfall 2 but after downloading the 2013 c++ thing it opened right up!

Message 8 of 9 (29,455 Views)

Community Manager

Going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (29,412 Views)