Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cancelling Ultimate

by Phaylis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cancelling Ultimate

★★★★★ Apprentice

So after we hit the button to cast ultimate we can cancel it by hitting the ultimate button again, and lose all the ultimate bar. Please remove the ability to cancel ultimate or at least give us 3/4th's the bar back. What is the point of allowing us to cancel it if I have already lost the full charge of the bar might as well at least be flashy even if there is nothing to kill. Or worst you hit the ultimate and accidentally hit again.

Please address this somehow. I prefer refunding the bar proportionally to the usage up to 3/4th's if you do the quick double tap.

Message 1 of 12 (247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Canceling Ultimate and returning energy

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think that should be a thing. For example, if you accidentally use your ultimate you should be able to cancel and have at least some energy returned. For Ranger, sometimes I do accidentally use it and when I don't shoot any rockets all my ultimate energy is gone. Something should be set it place if you choose to cancel it. Maybe %25 return? Thoughts?

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (217 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cancelling Ultimate

★★★ Guide

Interesting idea, but...

Ppl, would then simply keep activating and canceling ultimate, just to get full heal-up (as well as heat-up reset).

Message 2 of 12 (238 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The ranger's the only Ultimate I have a problem with, because it's too easy to fire off early and waste 90% of your potential damage. I think It should only fire at full capacity, but have however many rockets and only deduct the bar by that amount. 

Message 3 of 12 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
did you even notice it gives you a 100% health and Shield heal INSTANT when casting it? Probably not.
Message 4 of 12 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@S4breh4wk wrote:
did you even notice it gives you a 100% health and Shield heal INSTANT when casting it? Probably not.

Forgot about the invulnerability and full health. Just add and internal cooldown for that portion or just remove the cancel. I have never cancelled the ultimate intentionally or necessarily used it as a panic button. To be honest I only remember about the health recovery that about 10 seconds after I already used it and about to die. lately I have had issues when is says I have ultimate up and can't use it unless zone or respawn, I spam my ultimate button sometime out of frustration.

Message 5 of 12 (226 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I was going to make a post about the Ranger Ultimate being wasted because enemies die before it locks on but then i realised I was on Normal harvesting materials.
Message 6 of 12 (206 Views)

Canceling Ultimate and returning energy

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think that should be a thing. For example, if you accidentally use your ultimate you should be able to cancel and have at least some energy returned. For Ranger, sometimes I do accidentally use it and when I don't shoot any rockets all my ultimate energy is gone. Something should be set it place if you choose to cancel it. Maybe %25 return? Thoughts?

Message 7 of 12 (218 Views)

★ Guide
I've made a post exactly about this. Agreed. Your post is getting attention so I'll continue posting here
Message 8 of 12 (173 Views)

★★ Novice

Most of the time this happens to me is when I initially press up and it doesn’t engage, which it just lagged, and then I press it again, and it cancels. 

Message 9 of 12 (160 Views)

Re: Canceling Ultimate and returning energy

★★★★★ Novice
Agreed, just simply give us a one time 25 or 50% back return on the Ultimate ability energy. I've done the same thing as you mentioned several times. Or... You setup to clear a mass of scars and someone else drops their ability first. You cancel yours and are penalized for it...
Message 10 of 12 (129 Views)
Twitter Stream