Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by TatianaLopes392

Original Post

Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

★★★★★ Newbie

It's kind-of odd how the current Origin behavior encourages people to buy every game with new email. This makes harder to know who intends to sell the account and who wishes to give it as a gift for the kid for Xmas.

Message 21 of 114 (6,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is so lame! Bought BF two times,.. Bot now my second son wants to play as well.. Nope, not gonna buy it a third time,..
Message 22 of 114 (6,405 Views)

★ Novice

Tomb Raider is on sale for $5 on Origin and currently $20 on Steam. I could buy 4 copies of this and not have to "share" it (with family sharing only one person can play at a time).

If the game is cheap enough, it's better than sharing on Steam:

1. With sharing a multiplayer game, you have to play with strangers. It also ties up your whole library.

2. With multiple copies, you can play with each other. Isn't that what you want to do anyway?

The main problem with there not being family sharing is the added expense. No matter what the price, nobody wants to pay for the same thing twice. However, as consumers we should see a better thing when it's there. It's better to have 4 copies than to share one.

One thing to keep in mind, not all games can be shared on Steam. Some UbiSoft & EA games fall into this category. So check before you spend extra for a game on Steam to find out you can't share it there either.

I remember the good old days when you could loan out your game cartridge, or just had over the controller and let someone else play. It's a pity we can't share our toys anymore.

Message 23 of 114 (6,101 Views)

★★ Novice

Ridiculous.  Get with the program Origin.

Message 24 of 114 (6,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous!!! Time to stop buying games through origin

Message 25 of 114 (5,878 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

origin has created a reason for pirating games, once again

man this sucks

I'd love to buy their games but thanks to always-on SimCity i probably will never do that mistake again

Message 26 of 114 (5,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi,

No Family Library Sharing on Origin is a disadvantage to Origin/EA.

Origin/EA do produce good games.

I have experienced good support from Origin to any issues I have had.

Generally I am happy with Origin Purchases I have made in the past.

However not having Family Sharing means if I want to play a game purchased by another family member I have to ask a family member to lend me their password/login to play it.

Please enable Family Library Sharing on EA/Origin.

In reality, I think not having this feature is only costing Origin/EA revenue and putting people off purchasing Origin Titles.

That is not what I want to see. Like I say you produce some great games. I want to see you sucessful. I am sure others do too.

However I admit If there are two similar games, one on Steam by another Software House, versus one on Origin, I will purchase the one on Steam because I can share the game with my family members. Please implement Family Sharing on Origin.

Thank you.

Message 27 of 114 (5,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So it looks like this thread started around 2 years ago and still... still Origin fails to listen to their customers. Wtf? All we would like to do is let family members use the $60 game we purchased. Fix this now!
Message 28 of 114 (5,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I wanted to chime in on this discussion as a +1 I think this need to be done.

My son and I share the same computer and we both play the same games I'd like for him to have access to my library under his child account.

I'm going to put a stop  on buying more origin games. BF1 was next on my list.

Message 29 of 114 (4,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

I feel this definitely needs to be addressed! look at all of the unsatisfied customers.

Message 30 of 114 (4,935 Views)