Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by TatianaLopes392

Original Post

Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

★★ Novice

Me and my wife are love to play sims. we already payed very very large amount of money to sims 4 + DLC's.

So EA says i need to pay again for whole game and dlc's if i want to play  with my wife at the same time. *. i rather go pirate.

Beacuse people who has pirate copies can install as much as they can.

I am here and paying you for this game, but cant play from 2 computers at the same time.

If i go to the local store and buy a copy of the game, i can install the game to several computers.

I have retail crysis copy, me and my wife and my brother shares the same copy. Why there is no such a system in the Origin?

I' am stop spending my money and taking a REAL SOLUTION UNTIL EA makes this system more fair: 

-Go get pirate copies of  games.

-Install as much as copy you want.

-And have the same rights as pirate players.

-Dont waste your money while pirate players install as much as copies they want. 

I am paying money, but cant play it like pirates! That SUCKS.

Message 61 of 114 (3,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought a game and came here because my son wished to play too and I was curious how to let him play. Luckily, i don't care about stats and he'll just have to play on my account. It's truly pathetic you can't share with other family members on the same pc or within the same household. 

I won't be buying any further EA games on the PC until this is resolved. So in other words, never. 

Message 62 of 114 (2,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hear hear
Message 63 of 114 (2,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was happy that my boys agreed to share BF1, and split the cost. They watch each other play ... same computer, this isn't a matter of trying to have two copies of the game going simultaneously.

They just want to track their progress separately from each other. I'm amazed that it's impossible.

So they just learned how lousy sharing and cooperation are.

And they learned who EA is.

I don't believe this is such a major undertaking. I'm a software developer. Either implement multiple profiles, or save progress to the local computer and take advantage of multiple Windows accounts. You could give the player the option to backup his progress to his EA account, or not to. But honestly, implementing multiple profiles and still saving it all to the EA account would not be difficult.

This is about revenue, nothing more.

Message 64 of 114 (2,709 Views)

★ Guide
EA has really outdated policies and hurt its own sales by being so deaf to the costumers.
Message 65 of 114 (2,704 Views)

★ Novice

Totally agree with everything said here. It's ridiculous that you can't share a game with your kids ON THE SAME PC!

I love that Steam allows this and will in future make sure only to purchase games there until EA finally wakes up!

Message 66 of 114 (2,620 Views)

★ Novice

wow, that is simply beyond stupid. 

Message 67 of 114 (2,569 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had bought Farming Simulator 17 on Origin, but with the CD Key was able to download the game directly from the farming simulator official site and am now playing the game outside of origin.  So I believe that i can install this game onto whatever pc's that I want now without origin even being installed. You should be able to use your cd Key, for any game, as long as you can find a real copy of the game (hard copy or digital) and use the Origin given key to install without origin being involved.  Hope this helps someone!!!

Message 68 of 114 (2,405 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mikel042069

Hi,

To clarify, this (purchasing a game code on Origin, and then using it outside of Origin) will only work for non-EA games. If you are playing an EA PC game, then Origin is required to play.

Message 69 of 114 (2,353 Views)

★ Novice

Message 70 of 114 (2,167 Views)