Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by TatianaLopes392

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I'm making this question because I bought the sims 4 and my boyfriend was wondering if we could play the game on his origin account without me giving him my password.

On Steam, you can share the game library it family, the only setback being that only one person can play at a time.

Kind regards,

T.Lopes

Message 1 of 114 (210,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

It is currently not possible to share your game library. I also currently don't have any updates on the if or when of us adding this feature.

Do note that for such a function to work, you would only be able to share your library on the same system, and not with other systems.

As a side note, we have since offered a Gifting function which is a form of sharing that allows you to grant games to other players, if for any reason they aren't able to get the game themselves.

View in thread

Message 37 of 114 (146,508 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Games cannot be shared using Origin, only the account that the game is linked to can be used to play the game.

Message 2 of 114 (210,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So if I bought this game for my daughter to play, but want to play it myself as well, do I have to buy a new one?!?

Message 3 of 114 (207,959 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I won't be making anymore future purchases from EA or Origin unless this changes. Who in their right mind would buy a $60 game or any video game for any price and they cannot share it on the same computer with family members?? Goodbye EA and Origin!

Message 4 of 114 (207,800 Views)

play on origin

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

NOT ONLY CAN I NOT SHARE AND PLAY a game with my children that I spent money on, Spore, titanfall, simcity. I slightly get that, not that they could not give a 2 or 3 person share on same network IP or something, but I can not play Titanfall if my child is online playing spore!

Solution:

1. Created new account.

2. Had Origin Rep. place Titan Fall on new account. (problem titan fall is still not operational on new account!)

3. purchased another titan fall on old account so that we could play together under one roof.

(feel that one purchase should be enough for one family, but see the benefit of paying this way, buying a copy for each member of the family  rather than participate in tablet based pay to play configuration.)

Message 5 of 114 (207,781 Views)

Re: play on origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Everybody listen up

I don't know how many people that have the same problem haven't seen this post

This NEEDS to be heard throughout the community of origin to EA themselves

For instance I wanted to play battlefield 4 that my brother picked of a store used for 15$ and when i asked him: "Can I play it too?"

He answered:"You idiot there's no family sharing like on steam, only one account is linked to the game."

Well then if it is this way (and from the date of this post it seems that it will stay like this)

I only have to say one more thing to Origin, it's community and EA

And that of course is: "Goodbye"

P.S:I'm not paying EA or Origin not one more dollar if not even one cent.

Message 6 of 114 (203,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I agree, this needs to be addressed

When Steam did this, it was a major breakthrough for family and friends.

Not too many, a handful of games is enough.

Message 7 of 114 (202,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will no longer buy EA games. Thank you and good-bye.

Message 8 of 114 (201,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I totally agree with them this needs to be addressed immediately at least be able to share with 2 people hat seems fair enough.

Message 9 of 114 (200,876 Views)

★ Apprentice

My wife and I just set this up through Steam in our home. For multiple users to be able to access the game you purchased in your network is pretty sweet. You can do it with consoles and you can do it with Steam. Too bad Origin won't step their game up...
For anybody on here begging for Origin to do this, trust me, you are wasting your time. I know this company. I've dealt with their support on many occasions. By far the worst support you will ever have the displeasure of dealing with it for any corporation. They'll ignore you and hang up on you. It's what they do. They don't care once they have your money.
I remember purchasing Mass Effect 2 from their web site years ago because it was on sale. It was suppose to arrive within the week. It never showed up. I called Origin only to be put through to somebody with a foreign accent I could barely understand. He assured me the game had been shipped. A few weeks pass. No game. I finally just gave up and said screw it. I went to GameStop and purchased Mass Effect 2. I played thru it and beat it.
Here's the funny part. I kid you not, I get a package from Origin about 3 months later. It's Mass Effect 2.
Like I said, this company is downright awful. Worst of the worst...

Message 10 of 114 (199,321 Views)