Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by goforapunt

Original Post

★★ Novice

Still Years later this is a wanted feature. Its weird to see EA not giving any craps about their fanbase, and they want us to buy on Steam instead

Message 101 of 114 (3,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh come on, EA, get with the times! I don't want to (and simply can't afford to) buy 2 or even 3 copies of one game so that me and my kids can play. Which will result in not buying the games on your platform...

Message 102 of 114 (3,008 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Alright, yeah, I'll admit that not being able to share Battlefield 4 with my father's account is pretty *, but Jesus CHRIST there are so many Karens here. This is EA we're talking about, ladies - the most money-hungry company I know. They don't care once they have the dough. Obviously, some wacky little brainlet thought "Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we refused to let people share their games so they had to buy another copy if they wanted to play so we got more money out of them" and EA said "perfect." and stole the idea from them, giving them no credit.

I really hate to reference ROBLOX of all things, mainly because it's just absolute cringe, but even they, a multi-billion-dollar company, have been stingy enough to warrant a lawsuit from the lad that made the "oof/uuhhh.wav" sound effect. He just wants compensation, for *'s sake.

Message 103 of 114 (2,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

Our household now has two gaming computers in it, with a third older model that should be able to handle the Sims 4. On Steam, I am able to share my entire library of non-Origin games with family members within the same network. For a game like the Sims 4 with expansions being well over $300, I fully expect to be able to be able to access it however I want on the same network - it's just a basic feature. On another forum post, I saw that the feature was considered "high priority"... for three years? Honestly, it shouldn't be easier to pirate games to be able to share them on family computers if I'm not actively playing them. Getting a second copy of the Sims 4 with DLC for $300+ is NOT an option.

Message 104 of 114 (2,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They just not gonna change ...too many individuals shouting...too quiet...needs a bigger voice that doesn't exist Standard smile

Message 105 of 114 (2,381 Views)

★★★ Novice

Origin you money hungry * bag company. Fix this now. Steam is such a better company then you. At least try to give a * about what your customers want. in the old days you buy a CD game and you could install it on any number of home computers. Now you guys have the ability to control this you just have your hands out for more and more money with no care to your customers needs at all.

If it wasn't for Fifa and my love for football games (hopefully PES gets better) i would never spend a cent with you till this was fixed.

Disgusting.

Message 106 of 114 (1,818 Views)

★ Novice

Only hell, you people are idiots. "Steam" family sharing requires you do sign on to the other account while on the computer...it also links accounts, so if your kid cheats, your entire account is dead. It's a risk. No riskier than say, making your EA password "MyFamilyIsImbred1" and having whoever use it. Thing is, you can just...sign in on 3 computers, and play those games, on all 3 computers. NO PROBLEM. You don't need a "share" button, you just sign in to each computer, JUST LIKE ON F*CKING STEAM, and tada, it works. It's worked sense this thread started in 2015.

There is a limit...if computer 1 is playing, say, Sims...Computer 2 can NOT play Sims. ... This is the say on Origin, EA, or STEAM. To play multiple copies of the game, you have to own MULTIPLE COPIES of the game. 

For people so common, ya'll don't have any sense. 

Message 107 of 114 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@NRFBToyStoreYe, but I don't even wanna play at the same time SIMS as my daughter. I just want to be able to use my own PC at the time to play something else (not even Origin games). I'd need to make my child her own account and (I just asked) need to buy her her own SIMS game (not an issue, it's like a fiver) and all the expansions (which is the issue, they're pricy). That is ***** expensive and I'm so not going to do that. And I'll also not buy expansions anymore for myself because I'm not going to support that attempted money grab. If they were heavily discounted (like 90% or so) then I'd consider it but not like that. 

Message 108 of 114 (1,386 Views)

★★ Apprentice

9 years later, still middle fingers to the players from EA. One more example of why EA is best in class at every single thing of ever.

Message 109 of 114 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie

24-05-2021 can't share Mass effect legendary edition on steam with my wife, i proceed to return the game...

Ty for nothing 

Message 110 of 114 (1,019 Views)