Re: Can you share your game library like in Steam on Origin?

by dootdootbeep

Original Post

Game Library

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is there like a family system? Like if you buy it on one account in your family would you be able to play it on the other accounts in your family? But if not could you guys make one please? Thanks bye.

Message 51 of 114 (3,535 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish we could gameshare... EA is becoming one of those companies that wants to milk us out of our money.

Message 52 of 114 (3,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@CasualCat2001 Alex from the Origin product team here.  Thank you (and everyone else) for your ongoing feedback on this topic.

We're definitely aware of the desire for this feature.  We know that for a segment of our population, not having this is a deal-breaker.  To those of you for whom that is true, my apologies that we couldn't fulfill your needs at this time.

To provide a little more insight as to why this hasn't happened yet: the challenge isn't lack of visibility or desire, nor is it wanting to sell additional copies of the game.  The challenge is primarily infrastructural in nature, in that the underlying account system that Origin is built on top of (EA's account system) doesn't have support for family association or game sharing at this time.  Adding support for this is a huge initiative, and the team who manages that system hasn't had the capacity to develop this yet.

This request is on our internal list of community asks, and we'll continue to revisit the priority of this ask (and other community asks) on a regular basis.

In the meantime, feel free to keep feedbacking on this thread.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 53 of 114 (3,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response.  With that in mind, if EA would like this feature but infrastructure just isn't in place, why not use Steam then?  Steam has this capability already with no new infrastructure build out required.

I understand that even if long term you want to stick with the Origin client, why not allow Steam in the interim giving EA some goodwill until you have the time and resources to properly build out Origin?

Message 54 of 114 (3,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice

omg

Message 55 of 114 (3,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Almost the end of 2017 and still no family sharing , the only method is still giving out your login creds to family and friend so they can play on other machines problem is the cloud saving for some games and they dont allow for multiple save games . Please just give us family sharing like what steam has and we will be very happy .

Message 56 of 114 (2,726 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Please add sharing support. It's pretty obnoxious switching between Windows user accounts to close Origin just so my son can play a game on my Origin account. Heck, just allow multiple instances of Origin to run for now. 

Message 57 of 114 (2,684 Views)

★ Guide

This is a much needed feature. EA needs to be more competitive by offer this kinds of features to players.
This isn't anything from another world, steam already doest it and didn't hurt them.

Message 58 of 114 (2,559 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_AlexThank you for the explanation.  I can certainly understand and appreciate the fact that there are prioritization and resourcing issues.  Count me as someone who would like the priority on this ask to be bumped up. 

Frankly, the lack of being able to share games with my family held me back from buying BF2 at launch, and I probably won't buy it until the price lowers enough to increase the value proposition.

Message 59 of 114 (2,330 Views)

★ Guide
This is probably never happening, just look at the mess EA did with battlefront 2, they don't really listen to the costumer.
Message 60 of 114 (2,319 Views)