Can you please make battlefield great again?

by alucardgr

Original Post

Can you please make battlefield great again?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

1 Bring back the fun and style of classic BF2 BF3 & BF4 games

2.bring back the old class and spawn system(assault only able to revive- have your favourite class when spawn on vehicles etc

3. Bring back the same hardcore mode as bf4 or unite hardcore and normal modeplayers (with 75% health for example,)

4.remove self repair self healing and repair from inside the vehicle feature

5.make vehicles fun again

6. Make soldier little slower and not like parkour excperts.

7.dont nerf every weapon only because people dying( make weapons deadly again and not the nonsense of 13 bullet's to kill)

8. Make lot of gadgets and weapons

9.remove kill camera

I consider myself the biggest fan of bf games ...

I also believe that the true fans of bf games started with the older bf1942 or BF2 games so don't let them down as u did with bf1 and bfv

Message 1 of 11 (1,007 Views)

Re: Can you please make battlefield great again?

★★ Pro
@alucardgr
1. What does that mean? Do you want another modern military setting? If so, I do hope for the next title be be there as well.
2. The system now is fine and squad reviving is a great addition to the game. Having vehicle classes is really important, so the drivers don´t just jump out and leave the tank so often when it is damaged.
3. We were told this would be added with the RSP programm. Well, they still have to deliver on that one.
4. The system is actually better than before, as vehicles can´t repair up to 100% without going to a repairstation or having someone repair them.
5. What do you mena by that? I find myself having a lot of fun with vehicles and you have so many options for customizing the vehicles.
6. I disagree
7. Close range damage is fine and the devs already said, that the damage on range will be reworked with the coming patch 6.2.
8. Please don´t! The explosive spam and the BF titles you named (BF2,3,4) was super annoying.
9. Yes!

I did play every single BF title and the only one I really didn´t like was BF Hardline. BFV is actually a great game, sadly it is missing the polish I would like a game of this caliber to have.
Message 2 of 11 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

That kind of blind support made the franchise horrible and away from roots.

I m not wondering why bf4 has more active players than bf1 and the same will happen with bfv if the bf6 will be same horrible as bf1 and bfv

Message 3 of 11 (978 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@alucardgr
1. BFV is a title in itself and so the fun is always going to be subjective. Personally I love the individuality of each title
2. I personally prefer it this current way as it almost gives a penalty to someone who bails, I've seen far less vehicle wastage, being used as transports. If people use them as transports, they get a default setup instead of bailing behind the enemy with say a Type 2a and gunning them all down
3. Hardcore may be coming in a later update, we have until 2021 until the next title, have a little patience.
4. Older BF titles had the vehicles heal themselves while they were still able to move and shoot, in a tank you are a sitting duck while you heal
5. Vehicles are extremely fun with all the specializations you can choose, perhaps you've been bitten by the nostalgia bug and now compare this game to ones you loved when you were younger. e.g BF3 and BF4 vehicles still to this day have more bugs than BFV so wouldn't BFV have more fun vehicles?
6. With the size of some of these maps....looking at you Panzerstorm....do you really want soldiers to run slower? By the time you traveled from Golf to Bravo the game would be over XD
7. Some weapons upon release are clearly not balanced.....looking at you Type 2A....so its not a nerf but more a correction. Can you imagine how ungodly some of these weapons were prior to release that they had to scale back but because it was released with these changes you don't know any different
8. There are plenty of gadgets for each class and they are releasing more and more each chapter, just have some patience
9. Other than being a sniper trying to hide in one spot constantly, does the kill cam even matter? If you're pushing objectives you wont be in that spot by the time they get revived or spawn back in

Hopefully this gives you another perspective from another player who has played every title since 1942 #bringbackmidway lol
Message 4 of 11 (945 Views)

★★★ Expert
@alucardgr When you are interested you can fill out the survey Dice send out.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Community-Survey-February-BFV/td-p/8750020/jump-to/firs...
It's a survey maintained by Dice so first hand feedback.
Message 5 of 11 (890 Views)

★ Novice
@alucardgr Uou are extraordinary * and every aspect of game you describe would break it and lose the whole player base, only because you think you are a veteran or something
Message 6 of 11 (720 Views)

★★ Apprentice

1. Having played lots of BF4 now that BFV to me is unplayable, yes I agree. You were able to PTFO or troll, sadly lots of people were and still are lost when it comes to objectives but still, there's less freedom now to do fun Only In Battlefield moments.

2. Taking a tank, getting hit, jumping out to find out you're a medic with health packs instead of repair tool? No thanks. More options for tanker to have different weapons besides the repair tool.

3. I never understood hardcore so please take this into account. Not able to see even guess the amount of ammo you're carrying? No thanks. Friendly fire and faster time to kill, yes that's cool. Spotting is already way smaller thing in BFV, or kind of was. I don't know. The minimap is good, shooting doritos isn't.

4. Vehicles get one repair when damaged, before they have to go back to resupply station, seems fair compared to the infinite and automatic self heals in previous titles.The automatic self repair in BF4 was slow but still weird, you needed repair guys. Jumping out to have a teammate steal your vehicle, not so much fun. BF1 infinite self repair inside the tank was the worst.

5. I actually find BF4 vehicles most fun, BF1 good second maybe, despite all the flaws pointed above. BFV with its rather limited ammo seemed okay or annoying depending on how the match went on. Yes we need more BF4-esque fun.

6. Soldier movement is indeed very different. Having recently played BF4 and BF1 lately, the speed, movement is rather different. I actually kind of like the more smoother BFV movement but maybe it could be a little slower to run.

7. TTK patch 2.5 killed all the positive buzz the game had from the Pacific maps Football launch. Changing the entire balance all at once so late was the dumbest thing ever. Weapon balance is difficult, but the track record is bad, DICE keeps making weird mistakes.

8. BF4 had LOTS of gadgets, some of them I don't even remember using, some almost useless, most fun though.

9. Not sure how I feel about this, but I do want to know who killed me, with what weapon and how much health they had left. Just dropping dead with no feedback what happened is bad idea to me.

Message 7 of 11 (708 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi @alucardgr

As much as you say you are veteran I would re think what you have said about BF1 and as for my self being a veteran of the franchise of Battlefield I would respectfully say that BATTLEFIELD 1 was the most beautiful and well produced game of it's time and I know it's ww1 blah blah blah Honestly it was great and in my own opinion one of the best!!!
Message 8 of 11 (684 Views)

★ Novice

BF2 was hands down the MOST fun of the WHOLE lot.. Why? that is super easy to explain...

There is NO out of bounds.. if the enemy can be there I can get there too.

asset control was key in BF2, meaning you could steal the enemy teams stuff if they where not gonna use it.... means you gotta protect your own stuff too...

bombers and fighters need rearmed and that breaks stalemate dog fights cuz you need to fly back to base to get ammo...

The commanders are in game and can be killed if yer sneaky.

some maps have no uncaps, and you can in fact cap the enemy team out  of spawns...  which sometimes leads to really last man standing in conquest mode where the whole team is watching one last guy try to get a cap back and bring the entire time back into the battle... or die tying...

lets get back to the root of it all.. just make BF2 again  .

Message 9 of 11 (456 Views)

@alucardgr

Seems with BF2042 we're back on track towards a BF3, BF4 styled Battlefield again. Party hat

Hope you like to see the return of a modern Battlefield setting. 

But of course it's different in certain ways. 

See you on the Battlefield! 

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 10 of 11 (425 Views)