Can you play as a cop?

by AliAlaa12YT

Original Post

Re: Can you play as a cop?

@BVBgamer88 wrote:
IM just curious too know what happen too those guys, that made the first 5 NFS games.

They moved on to develop sports games such as FIFA and NHL. (With FIFA being EA's biggest game series)

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Vancouver

@GK3512 wrote:
BB fanboys are the main source of fans,guess it takes more time to let EA realize the full history and different fanbase of NFS games.

I guess I'm one of those that liked Black Box NFS games such as NFS Underground 1,2, and Most Wanted 2005. Large smile

Unlike most, I do not want another Underground game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 40 (639 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony It's normal,BB games sold well,naturally they got more fans
Message 32 of 40 (636 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GK3512 PS,actually I hate story over custom scene.Hot Rods and Low Riders are great custom cars,I love those,but I cant accept forcing a story into a racing game,which can be fun without it,and BB era was the one to blame.Every NFS since then other than HP2010/MW2012 and Shifts have that crappy story nobody cares(Rivals included)That was also a big reason I want HP back,since they know HP doesnt need any story at all.Story for movie,fun for game.Simple like that
Message 33 of 40 (633 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GK3512

Because I'm weird, I like to keep cars relatively stock. So customization matters less somewhat to me, but I can see why it's important for sales and luring in buyers to pre-order. With regards to story, you just can't make the same story again, and if the developers idea of a story is Payback and NFS 2015, then I don't ever want a story based game again. Heat will supposedly be "dark" whatever that means? Working my way up the ranks as a Cop or Racer in Hot Pursuit 2010 was enough for me, and I can understand why people dislike Rival's somewhat hollow story. I didn't like the handling though.

Unless we do something differently, I fear NFS will die or worse become stuck in a cycle of releases with fans asking for better handling, day-night, different story, or to remove "x flaw" that they managed to introduce whilst getting rid of the previous one. With regards to Heat, I worry that they're far too focused on emphasising that they've removed speed cards and micro-transactions (but will they stay true to their word?), that they'll overlook other things, namely decent gameplay. I think that the damage bar will be the next glaring flaw, but not many have noticed it's existence nor the consequences it will have. I just hope that our attempts at banding together to make NFS better might have some success!

Message 34 of 40 (621 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 Heat actually went too far from the root, and focus too much on custom a car(rather than pick up and go in HP2010/MW2012)A racing game like NFS should focus on car racing and chasing itself, rather than the thing before you drive the car out. EA tries too hard to impress tuner/ricers wet dream of custom one off car and maybe forget to make race itself intense or fun(SWAT Rhinos kill you in 2 hit is not fun,is OP)And they also focus on Dark story, TBH Rivals Dark story is the biggest thing I hate, even worse than buggy gameplay. So I really don't know what's wrong with EA idea of NFS now.
Message 35 of 40 (610 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GK3512
Neither do I. Good point about the Rhinos, but have you seen the spike strips? Somehow did more damage than the Rhino, head-on direct hit. All the more reason to wash our hands of it, it just doesn't seem to work for an open-world as well as a limiting factor of decent gameplay.
Message 36 of 40 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GK3512I am not saying you couldn't do it but imo you can't call it "the root" when it just appeared in 50% of the games first 6 games (or not even in the first). But I think that depends on how your definition is for "root".

@BVBgamer88 Duhh...

Message 37 of 40 (588 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@HowlingBeast Be the Cop mode isn't in TNFS because in that game Cop is a new thing. They tried to go conventional by deleted the cop in NFSII which didn't work very well. So HP1 brought it back with the Be the Cop mode. HS basically just HP1 with custom. PU was more about history than racing itself. HP2 was the return of cop vs racer from HP1. So Cop is still important in first era of NFS.
Message 38 of 40 (566 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I think you are wrong about NFS 2, i dont think that game was supposed too have cops. Mostly because many of the tracks, wouldent fit a pursuit setting so well. Personally i loved that game anyway,expecially the intense knockout races,cheatcodes etc. But yeah i agree cops have played a big part in NFS, since 1994 basicly i even think the cops in the old games was much better, vs FF ricer cops era.
Message 39 of 40 (481 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 TNFS was unique for its cop v racer setting,and NFSII deleted it,it wasnt bad but made NFSII not unique,so HP1 brought cop back with a new be the cop mode.And since then,cop v racer became a iconic NFS element,hence why even history lesson Porsche Unleashed had cop in certain races.
Message 40 of 40 (467 Views)