Can you play as a cop?

by AliAlaa12YT

Original Post

Re: Can you play as a cop?

★★★ Pro
@HowlingBeast Duh yes it is, since NFS 3 Hot Pursuit 1 we have been able too play as a cop. I would say High Stakes from 1999 was best, since you had your own police team helping you arresting the racers. Only two NFS games where you couldent play as a cop, you should know this since you have a Hot Pursuit 2010 profile pic.
Message 21 of 40 (487 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Exactly my thoughts, certainly more at the root of the series than Brake2Drift, Killswitches or things like on-screen damage bars. Good points! Makes me wish I'd played High Stakes and HP2, certainly sounds better than almost every game in the last ten years of NFS.

Message 22 of 40 (473 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 B2D is the Criterion work style,just a recycle from Burnout,killswitch is stupid,Health Bar was in old games like HP2,so nothing wrong with that
Message 23 of 40 (466 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GK3512 Well we can continue to flog Criterion and Ghost for their little "tweaks" to our franchise. With the bar, I don't even know what to say anymore, it just doesn't feel right...
Message 24 of 40 (465 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 Agree man NFS is just a joke and a parody, of what it used too be. And its more sad that EA seems too shame, what they created in the 90s. IM just curious too know what happen too those guys, that made the first 5 NFS games.
Message 25 of 40 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BVBgamer88

It certainly has degenerated hasn't it? I try to do what I can to help, but ultimately I'm one person and not everything I say is necessarily right, or will bring in the most profit from unsuspecting consumers.

You should've seen the response I got for remotely criticising NFS Heat engine swaps, it was absolutely venomous, they were spitting acid... All for supposedly "hating on the game before it's out." After that a number of seemingly irrelevant and incompetent insults were hurled, leaving me wondering what has happened to the community. All for indirectly saying Civic Cruiser rubber-banding was "*Better than NFS Heat engine swaps.*" Sorry to bother you with something so off topic, it just seems stupid to me. They must love Payback!

Message 26 of 40 (454 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 I feel you,I also get raging fury poured for crticising NFS' fake Back 2 the Roots words.As if BB era is the Definitive NFS like Marcus BSed in NFS2015 presentation.BB fanboys are the main source of fans,guess it takes more time to let EA realize the full history and different fanbase of NFS games.
Message 27 of 40 (450 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GK3512 Okay, how to explain this? My first and likely favourite game is NFSMW 2005, HOWEVER, I try to be different. I do not try force a remake on people, I try to be open to other ideas and games, but most importantly I use it as more of a "gold standard" as opposed saying that they need to literally remake the game. I will not go out of my way to critique the classics, that's for sure! Especially since that was an age where games were far less profit motivated.

I hope my stance on NFS doesn't ruin things, sorry...
Message 28 of 40 (438 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 Yeah i hear you man, i think EA is so dumb and naive since they try too convince themself. Since Ben Walker said customazion is the beating heart of NFS, wich it isent and that NFS we know wouldent be same. That is also BS that would lead us to the trrue real NFS, i wish EA and Ghost could realize that. But yeah the NFS community is full of toxic plastic Gen z fans, that think they are so special etc.
Message 29 of 40 (430 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Jacobba55 Very acceptable and rare TBH.And actually the changing style of NFS is the root of chaos and rage between fans.EA should do thing in a balanced way.A giant IP in games certainly led to giant different fanbase.Let alone 25 years of history see changes in car world itself.The core of nowadays NFS is like when they started UG1-MW05 era(I dont think they are rubbish,but not what root is)NFS is becoming a trend chaser since UG1,and that's actually the biggest problem.NFS lacked the identity.Not HP,not MW,not UG even not pro racing.EA itself doesnt know what is NFS because they let NFS become too much things.So all they can do is,to get as much cash as possible,go for the biggest fanbase-tuners/ricer underground custom world.And with the so-called success NFS2015,they keep on this way.That's the biggest problem.With so much styles they can do,they only focus on tuners alone,rather than let pro/cannonball/FF/history lessons(PU2000)take turns.And with a stable style alone.I'd say NFS is closer and closer to the doom.
Message 30 of 40 (425 Views)