Re: Can you play as a cop?

by LtPetrovich

Original Post

Can you play as a cop?

★★★ Novice

Hey there!

My question is that can you play as a cop in heat? because in NFS: Rival you can play as a cop and it's so much fun if you wanted to be a good guy in the game.

Message 1 of 40 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No you can't. 

Message 2 of 40 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Pro
@AliAlaa12YT Ben walker said you cant at launch, so im pretty sure he was talking about the Singleplayer campaign. But he also said that dont be surprised if they let us play as cop in MP, so time will show my advice is wait after luacnh before you buy.
Message 3 of 40 (1,495 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Yes please, we need a "be the cop mode" . 🚓🚓🚓🙏 Helping Lieutenant Mercer to take down racers 🚨. Something like this: 

Message 4 of 40 (1,455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@BVBgamer88 He said that? Do you have the source?
Message 5 of 40 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GuiLTheGr8 He said that in his latest statement, i think it was here in the forums.
Message 6 of 40 (1,435 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GuiLTheGr8 The latest IGN gameplay interview also mentioned no Be the Cop mode.
Message 7 of 40 (1,411 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, that's kind of sad to hear out...

Message 8 of 40 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Really disappointed that we can't. But ultimately they can't stop us from playing as cops in multiplayer, in Payback I use custom cars and the Crown Vic all the time! However, I'm hoping they will at least give us the tools to play as cops with each other. For example, allowing us to drive the whole PCPD fleet this time, and there's clearly a demand for cop vehicles shown here. So, here's hoping we get all the PCPD vehicles!

• PCPD 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Day and night versions)
  • PCPD "Eden Shores" 2015/2017 Dodge Charger SRT8 392 Police Package.
  • PCPD "Pursuit" 2017 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Grand Sport Interceptor.
  • ("Generic armoured car") PCPD SWAT Rhino Van.
  • Lieutenant Mercer's Unmarked 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28.

There is another Cruiser that I hope someone would be able to clarify, as I am unable to find it in any gameplay video or trailer. According to FANDOM-Wikia, there is a PCPD SRT Viper GTS as well. But I'm unsure whether it actually exists, can anyone confirm it? Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 40 (1,322 Views)

★ Guide

Riley Cooper himself said there will be no cop mode in NFS Heat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDfKDYvDu0Y

Message 10 of 40 (1,297 Views)