Re: Can we talk about what has really happened to the game regarding abilities?

by Biochemikas

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor He wrote all that and you complain the link kid plays fortnite? 🤣
Message 11 of 23 (329 Views)

Champion
@pastaclown I'm fairly certain since the beginning of gaming people have been complaining about others being better. People are always jealous in life, no matter what it is. So I disagree with the tweet. Not everyone would have sent a friend request. This isnt a this generation thing in my eyes.
Message 12 of 23 (321 Views)

★★★ Expert
Respawn tends to listen to the many, which is the right choice IMO. The many aren't that demanding, spend more buck per hour of entertainment and future stars lie among them. The few are very picky and never satisfied, often bickering about the smallest of details and almost never accepting compromises. Catering only to them would kill the fun of the game.
Message 13 of 23 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOMI agree especially in ranked lobbies. I often see 6+ squads in ring 4-5. The final fight is often a luck of the draw.. Who ever has the best positioning and can save their ult/abilities typically wins.

I do agree with @hayhor on some of the points he's making. The adjustments to ring closure on the final ring helps. But when there are 3 Gibi ults going off it's nearly impossible to avoid unless you have a Wattson on your team.

There are definitely some legends who win fights simply because of their abilities and not because of skill. I think having that is okay to some degree, that's why they have abilities. But some legend abilities are definitely a bit over the top. Horizon comes to mind, it does not just pin you down, it makes ADS'ing nearly impossible. So not only are you stuck and an easy target, it's very very hard to fight back. If you don't carry a mastiff, shooting down the ult can and likely will get you killed. You'll be reloading as the enemy pushes you.. It's a death sentence.

If they nerf the abilities to much the game will become another PUBG/Warzone type game. I think abilities should be there, but their impacts should balance out especially when other legends use their abilities.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 23 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DarthValtrexAbout those 3 gibi ults in final ring... Imagine having crypto+your own gibby (or watson) + caustic. Crypto pops enemy bubbles, you gas your own bubble and enjoy the fireworks xD. Now with 2 crypto's in game... Well everyone dies xD. Or, I guess, unless you have both wattson and gibi and space out the defense before/after enemy crypto ult, but then everyone will run into your bubble and you'll have some mastiff mayhem.

Yeah, it's definitely way more fun with abilities than without them. Without them, you'd just have mastiff mayhem by default with no alternatives (unless game ends in very open area that pushed ppl out of cover earlier). Game is also way more nuanced and difficult with abilities than without. Game that's all about just aim is not difficult or interesting.

I hope they will add more heroes like crypto, that's more of a strong counter to a strategy rather than providing one of his own. Also maybe some defensive legends that have no offensive abilities (so like gibby but without bombardment).

Message 15 of 23 (267 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@hayhor why not tell your team to focus fire her ult and you good
Message 16 of 23 (249 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor who is complaining about abilities actually? I mean, if people don't like abilities they can play balorant or something. I liked this game from the beginning because there were abilities and not just shooting.
Message 17 of 23 (237 Views)

Champion
@NolanGraysonnn I agree but there are a lot of streamers and pros crying about abilities. That is my main point here. The game always has had abilities. Adding more legends will continue to make abilities matter a lot.
Message 18 of 23 (214 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex The old final ring was more luck of the draw than it is now. No one seemed to care then. It is a battle royale with a ring that forces fights. There will always be luck. Even if the final zone moved gradually to a new zone instead of closing, the team that was closest to the new area would be the "lucky" ones.
Message 19 of 23 (212 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor well, some people call it luck but at the end of the day it's also part of the game and actually a skill. Calling map awareness, time awareness, situation awareness as luck is the same like telling someone who has good aim that they use aimbot.

I mean, of course there might be some luck involved like everything but if someone is always missing shots or ends up in bad position etc, you name it, it's not about "badluck" but skill.

if some mythical luck was the major determinant then no one would play it
Message 20 of 23 (198 Views)