Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can we talk about minimaps, and how badly this game needs one?

by EfilsGod

Original Post

Can we talk about minimaps, and how badly this game needs one?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a freaking printed map on my end table that I have to reference to the in game map all the time. I wouldn't even need to have depth just basic terrain and direction... and maybe radar for enemy location.  I know that flight * that all up, but with as convoluted as the map already is, freeplay is really hard to navigate

Message 1 of 7 (192 Views)

Re: Can we talk about minimaps, and how badly this game needs one?

I don't think a minimap is at all necessary and if it was added I'd switch it off.

No issue with the devs doing it, but I think there are endless more important priorities. Raised eyebrow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 7 (156 Views)

★ Guide
Minimap with last tombstone and world event markers would be pretty cool
Message 3 of 7 (139 Views)

Champion

For me, it took a bit of getting used to having no minimap, but now I rather like not having one and being forced to pay a bit more attention to where I'm going.

If they add one, I hope I'll be able to turn it off.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 4 of 7 (135 Views)

★★★ Guide

Mini maps are great for quickly seeing enemy position relative to your location. The compass just tell you what is in front of you. I would have thought that a tech suit would have better navigational aids. 

Message 5 of 7 (96 Views)

Champion

I find that the compass band gives me most of the information I need at any given moment. The rest comes from experience. And occasionally feeling a bit lost is not necessarily a bad thing. It’s not like you actually *need* to go somewhere specific when you’re in freeplay. You can just go wherever looks interesting, and eventually it all kinda falls into place and you know what’s located next to what.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 6 of 7 (92 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EfilsGod wrote:

I have a freaking printed map on my end table that I have to reference to the in game map all the time. I wouldn't even need to have depth just basic terrain and direction... and maybe radar for enemy location.  I know that flight * that all up, but with as convoluted as the map already is, freeplay is really hard to navigate

Minimap and a 360 degree enemy radar with at least some semblance of distance from the player, both would make life much more bearable.  Enemies that stand out from the terrain more as well.

Flight wouldn't eff up the radar, it just needs to show positional data on an X axis.  Similar to BOTH FREAKING RADAR ITEMS THEY ALREADY HAVE IN THE GAME!!!!!

Message 7 of 7 (84 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help