Can we revert Mirage’s Ultimate change?

by GoriIa_Grande

Original Post

Can we revert Mirage’s Ultimate change?

★★★★ Apprentice

Mirage has been my main since season 0. He was never the best character, which made it especially rewarding to get a bamboozle on an unsuspecting enemy. The change to his tactical has made it much much easier to bamboozle people, which is appreciated. 

However, the change to his ultimate ability feels extremely detrimental to his kit. The ability to go invisible and flank, especially in busy areas, was one of the best parts of his kit. That aspect should have been buffed instead of entirely replaced with the emergency dance party. 

The dance party is okay, but more useful for escaping than attacking. Plus in a crowd (two or more squads) there are more than enough people to shoot every decoy and eventually hit you. It also has very low use in tight areas, where a majority of the decoys get caught on every corner and stair around. 

It just feels like a middle finger to the mirage mains who were actually able to utilize his old kit well. 

Any other Mirage mains out there feel the same?

Message 1 of 9 (592 Views)

Re: Can we revert Mirage’s Ultimate change?

★★★ Guide
@GoriIa_Grande I think what they could do is keep his current ult but he goes invisible until he shoots
Message 2 of 9 (574 Views)

@GoriIa_Grande I have actually heard similar thoughts from other Mirage mains in game. The interesting part is they like some of the dance party, but also miss the old ult.

The old ult was fairly useless in higher skill lobbies. Most high skill players can track the audio and foot steps.

Do you think there could be some refinement to the dance party that would improve it? Instead of entirely scrapping it?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

NO!!!

his new Ult is miles more useful and effective!!!

Most enemies can get really confused and keeps multiparty fights occupied whilst you heal... you can use it offensively too.

The old Ult is only really useful offensively. But it's quite poor as most the times you get to use it an enemy will already have seen you.

New ult is confusing at first if you use it with old Ult mentality. But quickly becomes clearly the more effective and diverse.

Message 4 of 9 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@GoriIa_Grande wrote:

The dance party is okay, but more useful for escaping than attacking.

Disagree, I probably use it moreso in an attacking play than an escape. But it is also been effective for me in escape plays, because...

@GoriIa_Grande wrote:

Plus in a crowd (two or more squads) there are more than enough people to shoot every decoy and eventually hit you.

This is the key part. eventually

in the mean time that gives you time to get into cover. Reload and shoot them. Etc.

I've done it before in front of many opponents and escaped , 40 seconds later I'm still getting "you got bamboozled" quips triggering whilst I've fully healed reloaded etc before triggering another one offensively and getting a jump on an enemy who is off aim and down on ammo.

Message 5 of 9 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Most people complain the invisibility is too short. The reason why it short since the decoy start from center, it hard to track which one is suddenly show up especially if you don't have higher altitude.

If they extend little longer, it would be better but there's a risk it's easier to find out which one suddenly show up.

The key to use new ultimate is pull ultimate when enemy can NOT see you (behind obstacle such as rock, building, wall, bin, inside bangelore smoke) then enemy can't figure out which one is the real one.

Note: 

Old ultimate is weak since very easy to find out the mirage from sound and dirt,water splash, etc.

Message 6 of 9 (490 Views)

★★★ Pro

All I know is that 60 seconds charge for ultimate is too low, and it should be 90 seconds at least, no matter what ultimate it is.

Message 7 of 9 (476 Views)

★ Guide

I honestly got way more use out of the old ult, but I still think that the new one is better. I don't play much of Mirage and even less these days because of his ult change, since I really only played him for his ability to make Great Escapes (as an Octane main, Great Escapes are my lifeblood). I'd personally want to give him his old ult, but change it so that he releases just 1 hologram and make the cloak sound moderately quiet. You could also throw out his tactical, making enemies assume at least 1 of the 2 mirages in front of them are real. I think giving him escape/flank potential makes knowing where your enemies are more valuable and this also makes it so that enemies cant tell when you're doing something like healing or ressing from 6 different directions. I dont know if this would be better than the holo-party, but either way the ult definitely has to have a longer cooldown than 60 seconds

Message 8 of 9 (403 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Totally agree!
Message 9 of 9 (385 Views)