Re: Can we please look at Caustic’s passive for a second?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor It's a big deal. End circles should not have that stupid meta, you just drop Caustic ult and that's it. You have won. get nerfed fat boii!!

Albralelie has suggested removing damage from Caustic gas, and replace it with vulnerability instead(you take say like X % more damage from every source). Sounds more refined imo. It works like Viper ult from Valorant.
Message 31 of 40 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AlphabetsIt still highlights enemies for you. But I've found it to be sort of unreliable.

The gas is fairly brutal to be in as enemy. I've died numerous times because of gas. It does not upset me much, it's no different than being killed because fo Gibi or Fuse ult. It's really on me as a player to avoid the gas if possible. If a caustic can get me into gas, they are either good or I'm playing carelessly.

But I understand why they nerfed it. Season 6 if I was caustic I could easily 1vs3 an enemy squad if I already had traps set up.

The Gas will also damage Ramps stuff.

I'm just trying to think of what else they can do for caustic without making him OP. He's not terrible right now but he's not great. I love having caustic mains on my team. The ability to fortify an area I can snipe/mid range from is just invaluable to me. I really enjoy mid range weapons. Take a high POI and farm kills/damage.

I also feel much more confident in fights when I know a caustic has fortified a building or area that I can pull back to and pop batteries.

@BaldWraithSimp What about Gibis ult? What about Horizons? Her ult might not do damage, but toss 3-4 nades on it and you've won. The other issue with Caustic is getting him to the final ring.. Bangs won't kill enemies but if I can ult half the circle and enemies it's fairly easy to pick them off when they have the concussion effects going.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 40 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@BaldWraithSimpAbout end circle meta, I think gibby, bang and fuse can kinda do the same I think.

Also it’s not all about pro players, how many are in master and pred lobbies?

Pub/casual games usually ends on the second circle, they took like 10 to 15 min maximum.

While legends like horizon can own the game the game for 15 min, yet every one talks about caustic’s ultimate on the last circle at min +20

Message 33 of 40 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex You can destroy Horizon ult lmao. You know why she isn't used in comp, can be easily countered.
Message 34 of 40 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yup, remove all damage-dealing legends :D
Message 35 of 40 (403 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp LOL, what about me when I'm bang and have a digi threat and smoke it? Guess who's not dying?! ME! unless they have digital threats then I'm probably dead because I put to much faith in my smoke.

Message 36 of 40 (394 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp The issue I see is most matches do not take 20+ minutes. It is probably <5% of matches. They already adjusted the end circle to nerf caustic without saying it. The fact it closes slowly gives you time to beat the other teams before it closes to the point caustic gas matters. It used to be everyone waiting for the tiny end which yeah that was one big gas bomb. These "pros" should grow a pair and fight before the end.

And saying horizon isnt used in ALGS is wrong. There were multiple used in the last one, including some really good huge plays by teams. Rogues team was 2nd with her. And his teammate even said her silent tactical is what makes her OP. Yet no one seems to care it is silent while every other legend in the games abilities are loud as can be.
Message 37 of 40 (379 Views)

★★ Pro
@hayhor Stinky boy get nerfed hahaha
Message 38 of 40 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhorThat and the stats show Caustic is not the top tier legend people make him out to be. He's only getting 1.3 Kills per match on average. His kills per match are putting him as the 4th worst legend in the game. He's tied with Ramp, Crypto and Rev in terms of kills per match. Even Loba is doing better....

Now those numbers are Apex Tracker numbers, so they might not be accurate. But it still gives you a general idea of where he is at as a legend.

He can be strong but he's only strong in very specific situations.

Message 39 of 40 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DarthValtrexa passive should serve to separate defensively. like a blinding barrel that only blinds the enemy. blinding gas as a passive.

Message 40 of 40 (340 Views)