Can we please get more Voice chat options in 2042

by QSeanRay

Original Post

Can we please get more Voice chat options in 2042

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like most of you, I'm extremely hyped for the potential that Portal has to add infinite replayability to 2042,
One thing I'm concerned about though is the lack of voice chat options, especially since so far we've seen squads are only 4 players.

It would be so useful to be able to communicate with other players on your team, for example if you're in a heli and you want to get dropped off.
Even more so for console players who can't text chat like on PC.

Proximity voice chat (which could of course be disabled in settings) is by far the number one feature I'm hoping we can get added to Portal, it would change the experience a lot for me.

I mainly moved over to Squad since BF4 and been loving the milsim type gameplay, but the number one thing that keeps me coming back to it is the fact that everyone communicates and I realized a big part of that is the fact that in Battlefield you can only voice with your squad

If DICE added a proximity chat OPTION (which you could turn off of course) I think that would make a lot of the more milsim type players switch over, myself included, to Battlefield Portal as I can already imagine the Squad type experience you could make in Portal

I've been seeing a lot of others ask for this feature on socials as well (Reddit and Twitter)

Message 1 of 12 (807 Views)

Re: Can we please get more Voice chat options in 2042

★★★★★ Expert

You have my vote @QSeanRay ,

We absolutely need proximity chat in this game!

Message 2 of 12 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Proximity chat would be an amazing benefit to a franchise of this scale and it's baffling how it hasn't been added to the games a lot sooner. If it were implemented, I don't believe it should be able to be turned off (in normal play) since it would only cause more frustration for the majority of players who would use it how its supposed to be. It should however be push to talk with an easy to access record and report function for those who would abuse it.

Message 3 of 12 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well the only people I've heard who don't want this say it's because they don't want to hear anything offensive

so I definitely think it should be an OPTION that can be turned off like ANY other voice chat in any other game

But to add it as an option especially for Portal is only a plus, and a big one in my opinion

Message 4 of 12 (739 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@QSeanRay I'm fine with anything that can be switched on or off. Choice is the key. That way, everyone can get what they want. I'm fine with that.
Message 5 of 12 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, exactly, since it would be a toggleable option I don't see any reason it shouldn't be added

DICE please!

Message 6 of 12 (671 Views)

★ Pro
@QSeanRay I though console player could chat if they have a keyboard.

However for me non chat options need more focus such as -
1) Comms rose with more option like general call outs, specific player(crosshair on player) interact or different option in vehicle.
2) Hand signals. Such as wave to a player you just asked Ammo from or signal stop.
3) Better spotting such as 3D passed to nearby players not just squad.
4) More shout outs. BF1 had them.
Message 7 of 12 (660 Views)

★★★ Expert

I like talking dirty to my squad in voice chat. 

Message 8 of 12 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Lol

would be nice to be able to talk to other close by teamates right?

especially since squads seem to be only 4 in 2042

Message 9 of 12 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

These are all good options, but I think voice comms are just more ubiquitous 

Anyone in the playtest, please give feedback on the voice options!!

Message 10 of 12 (551 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help