Re: Can we just have the toxic emotes removed already?

by 34975634954957

Original Post

Can we just have the toxic emotes removed already?

★★★★ Guide

BFN has a problem of toxicity thanks to now being able to communicate with other players in game outside of gestures. Now toxic people can say things like "Salty!" or "Chicken Sighting!" as well as things like the crap emoji. Just remove anything that can be used for taunting except emotes that are mostly funny, such as "Beef Wellington" and compensate players with rainbow stars or prize bulbs (not coins). 

Message 1 of 9 (1,062 Views)

Champion
@agqwpe663oe6 I am not exaggerating when I say that this could be the thing I dislike most about the game, the toxicity, there is no need for it. Other contenders include no damage-drop off, the Rux issue and more. Many other games, including PvZ Heroes which I play daily, do not have the ability to communicate with others, unless they are friends.
Message 2 of 9 (1,047 Views)

★ Guide

if there's concern of a backlash to getting these emotes taken away, I would suggest designing new universal headgear(s) offered in exchange, there is an old game, ragnarok online, that had a headgear called "poo poo hat" 

Message 3 of 9 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm so against this.

Because it doenst matter what emote you use, everything can be taken as toxicity.

I myself am most annoyed by the whole lot of players who uses "terrible" followed by "the end".

Two emotes that arent toxic on themselves bet are being used as toxic.

So when the developers take out that Kitty, Chicken and Poo emote there will be another way for those toxic players to display their toxicity.

You know what could make an end to toxicity when al characters are balanced so that those toxic players gonna use something else then Steamblaster or brainbasher. 

I think thats a bigger problem that a bunch of toxic players only can play those two character.

Message 4 of 9 (954 Views)

★ Pro
I was gonna make a post about this but then I realized that there's no point in removing them when you there's multiple other phrases and emojis that, when taken outta context, is pure salt. As much as I would like to see the Poop! banished from mankind, I'm not sure if that'll solve anything.
Message 5 of 9 (949 Views)

I think, removing toxic emotes will be meaningless.

If annoying players use smile, laugh, or something at the specific time, that will be annoying.

Message 6 of 9 (920 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@agqwpe663oe6 Maybe they should just remove the infamous brown emoji. I wouldn't want other toxic messages in the game as well, but as others said before, nearly everything could be used in a toxic way.
Personally, I like "Chicken sighting!". I don't use it on low ranks that sprint away, but mainly against high ranks who vanquish 5 players and run when they are low health. (Especially Steam Blaster)
Message 7 of 9 (911 Views)

★★ Pro

Been said here before... Just have a setting to mute opposing team emotes. You don't need to see them. Problem solved.

Message 8 of 9 (885 Views)

★ Expert

No way toxic emotes are the best, how else will players know when they play like poop?

Message 9 of 9 (871 Views)