Can we get legend skins that evolve?!

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Can we get legend skins that evolve?!

It would be kind of cool to have legend skins that evolve as we get kills... Similarly to the gun skins that evolve from the battle pass. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 13 (469 Views)

Re: Can we get legend skins that evolve?!

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I remember a discussion with you awhile back about this.

Was it legend tokens as currency for matches having evo skins for rewards as I still have the apostolateofDOOM raging fire ball grappling towards you image in my head but they nerfed him pretty hard. I had a dream..
Message 2 of 13 (462 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Path got a decent buff while you were gone, he's not what he was but he's a decent legend again.

I think he's simply been shown up by horizon but I think she'll get nerfs in the future.

But yeah that's sort of my thought.. Glowing, burning, smoking.. They could even do electrical charges on Watson. There is a ton of creativity that could add with this.

It does not have to be the skins either. It could just be something you equip to your legend sort of like the various emotes.

I just like the idea of being able to intimidate enemies with it.. They see you all lit up and running after them, you know they are going to be in a bit of a panic or view it as a challenge.

Message 3 of 13 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex You reminded me, i should probably read the patch notes..

Wattson immediately came to mind too or Octanes feet ect.. I think with trails apparently being such an issue then it looks doubtful but hopefully i'm proven wrong as i like the idea both for skins and spending tokens.
Message 4 of 13 (453 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex But you cant see them yourself. 🤷‍♂️
Message 5 of 13 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Same for 20 buck skins but shiny!
Message 6 of 13 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOMIf it evolves as you get kills in the match I don't know if would be as big of an issue as the trails.

The only down side I see to it would be like the Caustic skin from the original Fight or Fright. It glows orange and blue.. It's extremely bright and stands out like a sore thumb on the map.

But if it's something we could equip.. I'd probably use it in pubs but not in ranked.

The trails are sort of a catch 22.. I've played quite a bit with one of the Preds on the forum. He turns his on and off. I've seen it where people land on him and punch him. But I've also watched people break away from where we are dropping when they see his trail going there. They see that dive trail and go NOPE.. We're landing to Estates late instead of dealing with him! haha

Message 7 of 13 (440 Views)

@hayhor How about they give those and the ability to show off our skins to ourselves? Sort if like we inspect our weapons?!

Message 8 of 13 (428 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex It'd still be like 2,000 apex coins or in a pointless bundle.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 13 (418 Views)

Champion
@apostolateofDOOM As someone who has bought too many of those I'm now questioning my response 🤣
Message 10 of 13 (392 Views)