Re: Can we get bigger parties in BF2042?

by D_The_Producer

Original Post

Re: There can be only 4!

★★★ Guide
@Trokey66 idk I disagree
4 is plenty to socialize in a fps game. Any more and it’s too much socializing to where it’s either not good for socialization or not good for the game.
Less chatter = more kills
Message 71 of 143 (335 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes that's true.  But in all-out warfare you can only do it once and it can take some time before all your friends are on the same server.

For us, as soon as a 5th friend wants to join we switch to BF2042 Rush in the Portal.  It's a pity that we can't keep playing Conquest or Breakthrough with 6 persons.  Some of us have already switched back to BFV, BF1, etc.

It's just such an easy feature to implement, it can't be a brutal expectation for a game to play with more than 4 in the same party (split over multiple squads)...  It's just one of the many frustrating things to deal with when playing this game.

Message 72 of 143 (546 Views)

★★ Guide
This is still not fixed. I can't believe this stuff :/
Message 73 of 143 (306 Views)

★★ Guide

Since battlefield 3 a group of friends and I have played regularly, but thanks to the restriction on squad size and no way to invite others into your game we are basically abandoning 2042 and returning to BFV where we can play on the same server from one round to the next, in the same chat group, split over 2 squads.

It is astonishing to me that this isn't possible in 2042. No squad management, a 4 person max for the game party, it's such a backwards step.

When you look at what battlefield used to offer, every game has slowly been removing features.

In battlefield 1 you can vote on the next map! Imagine that, a choice of what map to play next, instead of Hourglass over and over and over...

They call them legacy features, but they're not, these are basic features everyone took for granted would be available in 2042.

Message 74 of 143 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, the BF franchise its been taking back steps in the last decade. This is my favorite franchise since BF1942, and it saddens me to see how games like WW3 simply destroy BF nowadays. 

We asked for servers with more players since BF2, but it was only recently when we got them. However, instead of creating a more populous squad, they reduced them to 4 players and completely forgot about the importance of having a commander. BF is slowly becoming a Fortnite, a game for kids instead of the amazing war games we used to play in the early 2000s. 

DICE for sure has the resources to make the BF franchise what it used to be, but honestly, I do not comprehend why they continue to make it worse and worse with every new version of the game. Many say that most original devs are gone, and it's true, but if this is the case, they should simply turn to us, the all-time fans, for help.  I would GLADLY advise the team FOR FREE!!!! In fact, I always participate in betas and give them feedback. Sadly, I can't say that they have listened to me in the past...

Message 75 of 143 (496 Views)

★★ Guide
It's still not fixed :/ 8 months and counting
Message 76 of 143 (342 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@UniQue1992 Still the single biggest issue with the game for me.
Message 77 of 143 (326 Views)

★★★ Guide

The problem may be that this whole game was originally meant to be a BR, so why would you need more than four.

Message 78 of 143 (306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(Evil Developers?) Yeah let’s have 64 v 64 and limit players 4 to a squad, this is a great idea bwwhahahahahah, this will be the fall of 2042 on its own and we won’t have to make another Battlefield and they will be forced to play COD. I got another idea let’s not give them comms right off the start, more people won’t want to play our game. Besides… hackers starting to show up in game that don’t have friends can torment everybody. Also let us not allow friends to join a full squad even though they could be on another random squad on the same side, now they will know what it feels like to be like us loners and play by themselves and not meet other people. Now we can limit their circle of friends they want to play with and let them choose a sacrifice for the odd man out Bwaahahahha!!! Ohhh ohhh I got one, let’s put people that have mics in game with people that don’t have mics in game, this is great they will never meet new people.

Was just about to get on with some friends but since there were only 5 of us, now one of us can’t play so I’ve decided not to play and write this and express our disappointment in the game. 

Message 79 of 143 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
@ZeroWarriorThey can, it’s called a server browser and persistent servers so we can choose who, and how many, people to play with. That would be simpler than creating what you describe. If they refuse to do browsers, and we have to settle, then your idea should be the next idea considered. Don’t get me wrong, I think you have an excellent idea, but IMO the best way to achieve that is with browsers and persistent servers. We should not have to do “workarounds” to play with friends.
Message 80 of 143 (428 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help