Re: Can we get a buff on the alternator?

by SethCurry

Original Post

Can we get a buff on the alternator?

★★★ Newbie

I picked up a alternator when I landed it was the only gun i had. So I notice there is a pathfinder near me so i try to find him, I find the pathfinder and had the jump on him unloaded 1 1/2 mags into him but one a good about of those bullets  didn't hit at a range of about 5-10 meters because of recoil, but I still hit him with about a full base no upgrade magazine and it all registered i saw the damage pop ups and all bit it did minimal damage to the pathfinder and for this i please ask that you slightly reduce the recoil and increase the damage by at least 2-8% so we have a chance. And no, he did not have a body sheild or helmet. Please take this into consideration it would help.

Message 1 of 10 (1,025 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, Alternator is pretty bad, bullets feel like they drop off really fast.  But its supposed to be one the "bad" guns. 

That's the stupid answer you will get at least. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,013 Views)

★★ Guide

Alternator is quite decent weapon btw. I have killed so many people with it. You just need more practice with it and will see that it is not bad at all. It has a good iron sights, the damage output is quite good for an early weapon and I prefer to play with it in the beginning of a match.

Message 3 of 10 (990 Views)

I agree with @D3loFF 
It's is a good gun for the beginning brawl fights.
But you have to get used to the recoil pattern.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 10 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i dont like the alternator. it needs less recoil look were fighting hackers with zero recoil init so dont be so stingy with how much recoil the alternator has, eh? were already at a huge disadvantage we dont cheat never have never will, so show some sympathy as we fight these people called hackers.

Message 5 of 10 (964 Views)

★★★ Expert

@cocacola1133 wrote:

I picked up a alternator when I landed it was the only gun i had. So I notice there is a pathfinder near me so i try to find him, I find the pathfinder and had the jump on him unloaded 1 1/2 mags into him but one a good about of those bullets  didn't hit at a range of about 5-10 meters because of recoil, but I still hit him with about a full base no upgrade magazine and it all registered i saw the damage pop ups and all bit it did minimal damage to the pathfinder and for this i please ask that you slightly reduce the recoil and increase the damage by at least 2-8% so we have a chance. And no, he did not have a body sheild or helmet. Please take this into consideration it would help.

I agree that it's too inaccurate, even at close range you miss despite of good aim, that thing seems to shoot everywhere except what you're aiming at.

Message 6 of 10 (952 Views)

It was my favourite gun in TF2 so yea I'm biased but I think it wouldn't hurt to give it a buff. Give the R99 some competition.
Message 7 of 10 (921 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cocacola1133 wrote:

Haha, You not hitting a pathfinder has nothing to do with the Alternator.

And everything with the terrible hitbox of the pathfinder.

Message 8 of 10 (914 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@D3loFF   Just stop with your absurd babbling the Alternator is only good if your enemy has no weapon, you dont land and start praying “ Oh man i cant wait to find an alrernator please rng jesus give me one pweaseeeee” 

Message 9 of 10 (874 Views)

★★ Guide

@SethCurry wrote:

@D3loFF   Just stop with your absurd babbling the Alternator is only good if your enemy has no weapon, you dont land and start praying “ Oh man i cant wait to find an alrernator please rng jesus give me one pweaseeeee” 

Is that what you think?

Message 10 of 10 (839 Views)