Can we expect Super Brainz to get nerfed in the early October patch?

by GutmanSca

Original Post

Can we expect Super Brainz to get nerfed in the early October patch?

★★ Pro

He is absolutely broken right now, can se expect a nerf please?

Message 1 of 19 (1,171 Views)

Re: Can we expect Super Brainz to get nerfed in the early October patch?

★★★★★ Guide

I am on the fence right now. He is literally a necessity right now. He and Engineer are the classes you need to actually win against all the Peas, Oaks and Shrooms.

And the only problem is that stupid 80 damage wave he can throw. Which is obviously needed to fight all the Shrooms. But at the same time broken when you face him as Rose or Corn.

His regular punches are actually weak right now as he becomes so slow and everybody can just walk away.

Message 2 of 19 (1,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Im a SB player since the begining of GW2, and i can confirm: He will not be a necessity post patch, since Nightcap Will be nerfd to the ground, Pea and Oak are fightable by other characters. After patch, SB WILL be the best character in the game by far, the hit detection when the characters are moving will be fixed (confirmed in the livestream), making his Flying Fists and normal Fists even stronger. He needs a massive nerf on his Flying Fists, Ultra ball and Jump Thump.

Message 3 of 19 (1,139 Views)

★ Pro

Making flying fist damage fall-off at range and punching unlimited(still triggers perk at 3 punches, but the attack continues, probably with lower damage) should be ok. 

Message 4 of 19 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yeah I agree.

Also disappointed All-Star is getting a decent buff, even though I thought he was fine in his current state, but rose, sunflower, acorn and snapdragon aren't getting any form of buff.. I really hope imp-punt doesn't become the no brainer 1 shot ability you couldn't react to like it was in the GW games. The parrot drone too, kind of sick of my team and I just getting 1 shot with little to no time for reaction. Looks like scientist is also remaining untouched, despite him being sucky at healing and devastating in combat. I get the "wait for the upgrades" thing from the devs, but I don't know I think these are pretty easy to see.

Message 5 of 19 (1,117 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Tell me what about him is broken exactly cause I can’t wrap my head around this post
Message 6 of 19 (1,027 Views)

★★ Pro

Ultra Flying Fists, Super Ultra Ball, Reach upgrade, Hyper Jump Thump.

Message 7 of 19 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Hmmm your reply is my fault for not being specific.

What about these upgrades/abilities makes him broken? Can you explain per ability/upgrade what makes it feel for you that the character is broken
Message 8 of 19 (1,022 Views)

★ Guide

His 80 dmg with little holding is a bit too much, especially when most heroes go right up to you and hold their punch instead of regular punching. They should nerf the dmg to at least 65, as that is Action Hero critical direct hit with him holding all the way. I would prefer for his Super Ultra Ball to be similar to SnapDragon, or Snapdragon’s ball to be more similar to Super Ultra Ball.

Message 9 of 19 (1,009 Views)

★★ Pro

Ultra Flying Fists does way to much damage, combined with the Reach upgrade, turns Super Brainz in an 80 dmg unstopable machine. Hyper Jump Thump literally is an insta win against any matchup because of his "sucking" ability, combined with turbo twister or ultra ball, he can destroy anything. Ultra ball' Splash os the most broken Splash in the game: 75 dmg with big radius. 

Message 10 of 19 (1,007 Views)