Re: Can we all just take a moment to actual thank DICE & EA

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Can we all just take a moment to actual thank DICE & EA

★★★★ Pro

Since long before this game was released BFV has been under a constant barrage of ridicule and abuse that has gone beyond what any game should be put through. While Battlefield V did have a slightly rocky start (what game doesn't), the game itself is incredibly enjoyable and something I look forward to getting on after work and on the weekends. Sure there have been updates that have made things a little difficult and I have voiced my opinions here on the forum but I also understand balancing weapon damage, game mechanics, etc is all subjective and what I like, may not be what others like, however I wouldn't boycott or straight up abuse the developers for trying something different.

The reality is the developers are actively trying to improve the game 24/7 for a worldwide player base that all have different opinions. When I look at these forums, go on Facebook groups or glance at Reddit....all I see is just a constant stream of complaints, abuse and disgusting behavior towards the developers and the community managers honestly have the patience of saints to put up with the amount of rubbish thrown at them for simply trying to keep the peace and be the go between of the community and the developers. You could say they signed up for it when they took the job and yes they did sign up to take criticism but NO-ONE signed up to be directly abused as from some of the personal comments I have seen targeted towards specific CM's.

I know this has been a bit of a rant and I'm more than aware there will be a lot of people who disagree with this post but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at EA/DICE (no matter how big or small your position is), thank you from the bottom of my heart for continuing the Battlefield franchise that I fell in love with as a 10 year old boy 17 years ago and I look forward to seeing many more in the future.

Message 1 of 4 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

They have definitely made some mistakes in my opinion, and I've expressed my concerns, but some people are going a little overboard (or at least being overdramatic about things).

I've been playing since BC1 but only really gor involved in the community in BF1 - in that time I've gotten to know many of the devs and even befriended a few, so it makes this whole situation a tough one to swallow. I can tell you with the upmost certainty, these are some of the most hard working and passionate people in the business and while they encourage constructive feedback, they absolutely do not deserve the abuse they're getting.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (303 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Lmfao this game isn't improving. it's turning to dog *. The anti-cheat system cannot even determine who's cheating and who's not and banned legit players and leaves obvious hackers actively playing.
Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

★★ Guide

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

They have definitely made some mistakes in my opinion, and I've expressed my concerns, but some people are going a little overboard (or at least being overdramatic about things).

I've been playing since BC1 but only really gor involved in the community in BF1 - in that time I've gotten to know many of the devs and even befriended a few, so it makes this whole situation a tough one to swallow. I can tell you with the upmost certainty, these are some of the most hard working and passionate people in the business and while they encourage constructive feedback, they absolutely do not deserve the abuse they're getting.

True, They are working so hard to make every Battlefield game so awesome. Offcourse they made mistakes but they always manage to fix it. They deserve alot of respect i my opinion Standard smile  . I have been playing since bad company 2 and i played every battlefield after that and i always loved every battlefield Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (204 Views)