Re: Can we all just agree that SBMM doesn't work and Soft Aimbot does exist?

by Benchwarmerbrew

Original Post

★★ Pro
@13lack-0ut in game programming new tech 20 or 30 years ago is todays classroom material. so i imagine in the future everyone you and me included will be given aim hack for our games it will be mandatory. believe it or not.
Message 41 of 51 (320 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SheepsKing 

Almost didn't see your post as you didn't have my name linked to it.

I'm not making up numbers at all. I have 5600+ games of Apex Legends and one thing I do a lot is play solo. Because of this, I don't have the rush to quickly leave out for the group, I keep watching the game after I get killed.

Also note I record all of my gameplay with Nvidia Replay in a 15 min buffer at 2560 x 1440 60 FPS. So if I ever find someone cheating, I record it, save the clip and keep watching.

10 out of 60 players is not ridiculous, it's quite reasonable. That number could be honestly low the more I think about it.

You might be thinking that I'm saying 10 people are just using full on open in your face aim-bot. I'm including the people using radar hacks you will never even see coming. 

Plus don't underestimate the amount of people on mouse & keyboard using scripts for mouse recoil, because I've talked with a few of them, it's common.

Cheating in my mind is someone who exploits to gain an advantage. Either that be by: Aim, Teaming (Sabotage), Playing with another team, Scripts and/ or Macros for reducing values, Data reading like Radar Hacks and/ or ESP (AKA Wallhacks).

Finding 10 people out of 60 is not hard at all in Apex Legends in its current state in either public and/ or ranked games (more so in ranked in the higher levels).

Message 42 of 51 (314 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And Respawn does not have answer of solution for all that cheating. He is avoiding this question. Even when people suggest that accounts should be payed. 

Message 43 of 51 (310 Views)

★★ Pro
@GodlyVlad

esports is like boxing or mma its fixed so
Message 44 of 51 (307 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@13lack-0ut 

Yeap, After playing 5600+ games of Apex Legends you start to notice odd behavior in people, sometimes to a fault. I'm glad I didn't end up the way where I was thinking everyone was cheating, that's no way to enjoy games.

I also don't at all blame the people who say my assumptions are incorrect, because I don't personally know the amount they've spent in Apex legends to begin with.

Someone who spent 20 hours in Apex Legends might be totally naive to my opinions, comments about cheaters, just because of the low time spent ingame.

It could also be someone just spent $ on skins and my comment makes them hate the title, so they just outright say it's wrong.

I can still remember an old game where two others were yelling at each other before leaving the match. Turns out we got killed by a cheater (aim-bot). My point is most people leave before ever watching to see if someone was in-fact cheating, because in their own head, it was their team's fault.

Message 45 of 51 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@bosourdjust lost to an octane. smoked out a door, his team mate came through, lit him up with the digithreat. went to chase after him, octane was there and didnt know it. he hit me for 225+ through the smoke with an r99. 20 bullets it took him. so he hit 74% of his shots on a moving person through smoke? even if he had a digi, the odds of hitting that many shots like that is very very unlikely. he was the kill leader with 8 kills, 1200 damage so it seems whoever he shoots he kills without them healing

i have NEVER seen a pro 225+ on mkb with an r99

oh and the octane was level 25. makes it even sketchier

Message 46 of 51 (281 Views)

★ Guide

@Popa2caps my bad for not mentioning you the first time. I get that youve spent a lot of time playing, I have too. All I'm saying is that you're bringing up these more low-key kind of cheats but there's no way you could estimate how common they are. Even if you have a hunch that someone is cheating, that doesn't count towards the average. Like, you claim that plenty of people could be using radar, but how much proof of players using radar do you have? If you have recordings, great! Show where the cheats are and make it unquestionable. But right now you're pretty much fear-mongering, which is really bad since gamers love to have something to be upset about, wether it's real or not.

Message 47 of 51 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex

To date, I still find this aspect of SBMM the most egregious. The fact that my real life friends are online playing Apex and actively choosing not to play with me because my pubs absolutely crush them— is ridiculous. A multiplayer game should literally never deter people from playing with their friends.

Message 48 of 51 (267 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Axs5626Sxa5001 yep. why i cant really play with my friends that hardly play this game. they get absolutely crushed and its a 1v3 for me every single time. How are you going to design a video game you cant play with friends unless you are all the same skill level? makes no sense and proves respawn doesnt care about its players
Message 49 of 51 (253 Views)

★★ Pro
@WreckingVi it's sad that most of the time the devs only live ban in high ranks and seem to be less concerned about the lower ranks which is where most cheaters are.
Message 50 of 51 (234 Views)