Re: Can using logitech's mouse button remapping get you banned?

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can using logitech's mouse button remapping get you banned?

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I saw some videos online talking about the peacekeeper double-pump and wondered if you could remap the buttons on your mouse (mine is Logitech) to reload, switch between your weapons, and shoot. Is that bannable? !NOTE! I do not mean using a macro, what I mean is programming each button on my mouse, 1 for reload, 1 for weapon slot one, and 1 for weapon slot 2. My apologies for making you read all of this, it's kinda hard explaining on the internet. Also sorry if my grammar is bad, Language Arts isn't really my specialty.  

Message 1 of 6 (1,321 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hey!

You can just use the options menu to do this.
If you use 3rd party software to remap keys it could be picked up by the anti cheat.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,308 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hey!

You can just use the options menu to do this.
If you use 3rd party software to remap keys it could be picked up by the anti cheat.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,309 Views)

★ Pro

I don't see why not. I use 12 button on side of my mouse for stuff, crouching/sliding    talents etc

Message 3 of 6 (1,243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CheezySticks wrote:

Hi! I saw some videos online talking about the peacekeeper double-pump and wondered if you could remap the buttons on your mouse (mine is Logitech) to reload, switch between your weapons, and shoot. Is that bannable? !NOTE! I do not mean using a macro, what I mean is programming each button on my mouse, 1 for reload, 1 for weapon slot one, and 1 for weapon slot 2. My apologies for making you read all of this, it's kinda hard explaining on the internet. Also sorry if my grammar is bad, Language Arts isn't really my specialty.  

You should be able to use your mouse software to assign, rather than macro, a key to one of the buttons. You should be able to go into the app that cam with your mouse and click the relevant button to choose a key to assign. I would guess that single key macros won't be flagged as it's probably quite common for people to incorrectly assign keys this way. I know because I've done that myself.

I have no idea what the "Peacekeeper double pump" is.

Message 4 of 6 (1,232 Views)

★ Pro

its not even macros. Just assign them button in the game settings

Message 5 of 6 (1,197 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What software do u use?

Message 6 of 6 (964 Views)