Re: Can u even report someone for insults over voice coms?

by whutwat

Original Post

Can u even report someone for insults over voice coms?

★ Apprentice

Are voice coms recorded and reviewed after harrasment report or does it only work for text? Whaddya think? I feel like it's pointless to report someone for flaming over mic.

Message 1 of 8 (373 Views)

Champion
@whutwat I'd imagine it would be he said vs she said. Saying that I would suggest you report it anyway so it would still be logged and gets them closer to disciplinary action.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think they are. I think the reasons are 2:

1. There are probably way too many people who report and then they would have to listen to the conversation for each report.

2. Even if they use the Voice to text it isn't 100% accurate.

I honestly have no clue if these are the reasons 100% they are just my best guess.

Message 3 of 8 (367 Views)

★ Pro
@whutwat If it work I must get banned lol
Message 4 of 8 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@whutwatDo words hurt your feelings? If so then report them. If not then mute them and move on.

Message 5 of 8 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@whutwat The voice coms aren't recorded in this game or any other game afaik. If you have a recording, maybe it's possible.
Message 6 of 8 (334 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@whutwat in season four during the select screen one of our teammates had a name which is obviously Arabic and no one was talking except for the other mate who decided to start swearing and saying " you * terrorist " and *.
so that was an immediate report from my side but the question is did they take any action? I don't think so.
so you can only try and report the offender and hope not to meet this guy again
Message 7 of 8 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GRiPSViGiLI have pretty thick skin when it comes to being insulted personally but my weakness is when someone starts throwing insults at my mom :/

ehh i guess that guy will get away with this so I'll have to move on... last time this happened to me I flamed back over text and got banned myself for a week lol

Message 8 of 8 (275 Views)