Can't wait KC's removed from ranked

by Cro_Pittt

Original Post

Can't wait KC's removed from ranked

★ Expert

I swear this map is simply anachronistic with how the game has evolved season by season. Add the fact that Respawn still did not fix the loot  to the known problems and you get the worst map ever for ranked.

Message 1 of 17 (447 Views)

Re: Can't wait KC's removed from ranked

★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt Not a ranked player, so legitimately asking, "what makes KC unsuited to ranked gameplay?"
Message 2 of 17 (407 Views)

★ Expert

@reconzero Bear in mind this is just my opinion: main problem is the map, too small to avoid easy 3rd partying, where you've finished a fight in a very small time and still another team already joined. I also do this don't get me wrong, it happens also on other maps but it's just exploited too much on KC imo. 

Also another issue is loot pool: you can still find white shields and helmets around, and generally speaking the loot quality is way worse than other maps. 

I think they should make a new POI where Skull town and Thunderdome were back in the past. Doesn't have to be necessarily great, just some additional ground where players can drop and spread more evenly on the map.

Message 3 of 17 (382 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt The irony is that the map feedback section is filled with posts hating on Storm Point for being too big, too slow, too fast, too hot, too cold, and I don't even know what else... Storm Point being the map that was built with the stated purpose of countering exactly the things you don't like about KC. I guess you just can't please everyone all of the time. Or anyone ever???
Message 4 of 17 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@reconzero Another major complaint was the charge towers being abused in higher ranks.

WE is still the best for rank. SP’s size is good for rank but I hate it in pubs.
Message 5 of 17 (344 Views)

★ Expert

@reconzero Stormpoint overall is fine, if the new update will reduce its size then it could become a great map as well. WE is the most balanced one for ranked and competitive, and i'd say pubs as well, even with the Fragment issue.

Message 6 of 17 (333 Views)

★★★ Expert

I would normally agree, but I'm pretty close to hanging it up in ranked because I care so little right now about it.  We'll see what changes they're going to make first.

Message 7 of 17 (326 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KelRiever Not gonna lie, my expectations are low for t the rank changes. Lol.
Message 8 of 17 (321 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt I've only played a little with a friend and it's almost as if you cannot take a fight if you care about points. We took fights in places like swamps and the rig in the corner and still had multiple teams roll up to 3rd and 4th us. One game with 2 friends I had a team try and jump me on the end of one of the docks at airbase. They chased me all the way to the other side of airbase and then to runoff. I enjoyed killing that team so much. I'm not a tbagger but that wraith got it all from me 🤣

Olympus has become my favorite map for both pubs and ranked. KC I still love for pubs. I dread next season for pubs though. If it's WE, SP and KC ill lose my mind. KC is fun. WE I can make fun on my own but SP is never fun for me.
Message 9 of 17 (316 Views)

★ Expert

@hayhor Yeah Olympus has become my 2nd favorite map after WE for ranked and it's very close. The changes they made were spot on. With some additional tweaks it'll reach my top spot. Can't wait to play it again.

Message 10 of 17 (306 Views)