Can't unlink and then link a new account of the same platform to my EA profile?

by USAPatriotGamer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't unlink and then link a new account of the same platform to my EA profile?

★★★★★ Novice

About 10 years ago, my parents decided that it would be a good idea to link both me and my brother to the same EA account, which became my personal EA account in which I am using right now. The thing is, I and my brother had 2 different platforms, both being connected to their own separate emails. I had an Xbox and he had a PlayStation.

Since the Playstation account wasn't mine, I've been wanting to unlink it from my EA account for a very long time. My brother doesn't care about what I do with the Playstation account because he created a new one a while ago. I thought about trying to manage the PlayStation account to make it into mine, such as changing its assigned email to my personal one, but since it's an old PlayStation account its assigned email is probably long gone. So even if I wanted to change the password of the account because I wouldn't know the current one, I could not. My brother or parents won't know it either because like I said, it was created a long time ago. 

Then I thought that it would just be easier to unlink the old PlayStation account, create my own just so I have one for myself, and link it to my EA account; Right? WRONG! After looking around, I found out that I won't be able to link a different account of the same platform! Even if it's new!

unlinking account from ea account disclaimer.PNG

Source: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

My question is, why? Why is this a thing?! Can you please make it possible for us to be able to add a different account from the same platform to our current EA account? It would make life so much easier for me if I didn't have this infuriating and obnoxious roadblock (figuratively) in my way!

Do you know what the sad part is? I have already created my personal Playstation account beforehand because I was planning to replace to old one.  

Plus, I'm not saying that an EA account should have more than one account from the same platform at the same time. I just want to be able to unlink an old Playstation account that no one uses anymore and replace it with my new personal PlayStation account that I have created.  

This is such a stupid characteristic!     

Message 1 of 5 (911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't unlink and then link a new account of the same platform to my EA profi

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @USAPatriotGamer.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (876 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't unlink and then link a new account of the same platform to my EA profi

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @USAPatriotGamer.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No solution here, and it's funny that EA AQH people give themselves xp.

Message 3 of 5 (818 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @USAPatriotGamer, at I said above, I will pass your feedback on to the team.

The is nothing more that we can do in relation to this issue on AHQ as the account linking is working as intended. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (800 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree that we should be able to unlink and add a new platform profile. It shouldn't be permanent hold on the EA account. I'd say there should be a strict limit for how often it switches. But in cases like these it's unethical to destroy a account as a whole and disperse information elsewhere because of a one time... one time... platform link. 

I'm in the same boat. I literally had plans to spend upward of $200 on the Sims 4 DLC. But my current issue is that I had a Google email associated with EA and Xbox. My Xbox account was suspended. I had the Simpsons mobile game I've been playing since 2014 though. So i wanted to migrate my EA data from the old email I had that was suspended to a clean Google Email. So I updated my Google email on the origin site. However I did not remove the linked platform profile. So I just unlinked the profile name tonight. But it's basically saying a different profile can never be added again. So at this point I need to create a additional email and merge everything onto a new email. That or not play EA games anymore besides my Tapped Out Town. I still have access to my previous email also that was connected to the Sims 4 game. I'm wanting to add my new profile now so that I can have everything on my main profile. And so that I can also use the gallery in the Sims 4 game.

So like I say I was planning on buying a portion of the DLC but now I can't even link my Xbox profile. So I once again either need to merge everything onto a new email or not play EA games on console anymore.

I really hope you all can help with this instance.

Message 5 of 5 (528 Views)