Can't purchase Fifa points with steam wallet.

by ImPeterGrill

Original Post

Can't purchase Fifa points with steam wallet.

★★★ Novice

I can't purchase Fifa points with my steam wallet. I have 200 dollars in my steam wallet. The money is there. This isn't a billing problem. The game is actually just broken. I reached out to steam services and said it's all on EA and Fifas services for not working because the funds are live and in my wallet. The freeze promo is now coming to an end. I missed out on the fresh pack hype. The potential higher money I could have made if I pulled something on release.... but no. Idk why this has started happening. Has there been a new change so you can't use your steam wallet to make purchase now. Or did I actually get trolled here.

Message 1 of 24 (14,984 Views)

Re: Can't purchase Fifa points with steam wallet.

Community Manager

Hey @ImPeterGrill for issues related to billing on Steam you will need to speak with Steam support as they look after all billing through their service.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 24 (14,955 Views)

★★★ Novice

Darko, It is not about billing. EAs service is not working. The game itself doesn't process the act of purchase in game. Steam is fine, the game is fine, it is simply buying Fifa points though the game is bugged. It doesn't even give a process payment failure. It just loads for an eternity. So pls don't say for billing issues when its the game itself now working. It pauses at "pls wait" Not transaction cannot be made or transaction error. 

Message 3 of 24 (14,937 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ImPeterGrill I am not seeing any other reports of this. If this was an issue on the EA side then we would see numerous reports of this.

As the issue is billing through a non-EA platform I would recommend speaking with their support.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 24 (14,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There have been other reports of it. Again. it isnt a billing issue. I have the 200 in my steam wallet. Again, I have reached out to steam and said its on your guys end. You can see the bug that I posted with my picture. It stays on pls wait forever and never comes off it. That is a game bug. Not a connection issue because I can play the game. But here is a post with other people complaining to have to same issue.

Message 5 of 24 (14,911 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did Try and reach at to steam and this is what I got "Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot provide the best assistance with games made by other companies". So it is out of their hands.

Message 6 of 24 (14,878 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ImPeterGrill as the issue is related to using a third-party platforms billing mechanism Steam would be the best point of contact.

You can speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers to see what they can recommend.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product FIFA 22

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 24 (14,873 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you get any response at all? I`m facing the exactly same issue here.

Message 8 of 24 (14,653 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Matthh1049 did you speak with Steam support?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 24 (14,641 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko ,

Yes I am directly in contact with them too but so far they are proposing alternatives such as "wait longer" or "restart fifa or your internet".

I already tried these basic procedures but the fact is every time I try to buy FIFA POINTS inside the game, this "WAIT" message appears - and I've waited several minutes and tryed many times - and nothing happens. I believe here I should supposedly be redirected to some screen to select payment options - and it would be quick since I have the meney already in Steam - but NOTHING happens...

it's disappointing for me trying to put money in the game and it doesn't accept..... and I already lost a bunch of promo packets opportunities so my next step is just ask Steam to refound...

Message 10 of 24 (14,618 Views)