Can't play any EA games online because of email no longer existing to verify.

by JonnieCueball

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play any EA games online because of email no longer existing to verify.

★★★ Novice

So, I'm stuck. the email linked is gone due to inactivity and MSN doesn't allow recovery, I can't even recover the account because i made the account in 2011 and never logged into it again and I don't recall all the information they want from that time of my life. I think it's a little ridiculous this is the only method, I can play on my xbox one just fine because it doesn't ask for the 2 step verification and once i switched to the series X today I can't even log in or play online on FIFA. I've invested over 600 games on fifa and a decent amount of money into my ultimate team. I'm out of options other than create a new gamertag just to play fifa on the series X and start all over. EA needs to update their methods or at least let me prove I am the owner of the account in a different capacity. 

Message 1 of 24 (10,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play any EA games online because of email no longer existing to verify

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @JonnieCueball for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (10,002 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't play any EA games online because of email no longer existing to verify

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @JonnieCueball for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 24 (10,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same thing happened to me I just got a series ex and I can’t play Battlefield because I can’t access my SBC global account because that email is dead so I try to make a new one and then they deleted one and I have to recover a different one and now I don’t know how because it says when I try to reset the password of the things that the dude told me it says my account doesn’t exist anymore and to recover the password to my understanding is how you would recover the account

Message 3 of 24 (9,932 Views)

★★★ Novice

I made an ea account YEARS ago and they expect me to remember the exact date I purchased something and the now very expired and long forgotten credit card information on the account. The email no longer exists so I can’t just verify it, so now I can’t play any ea game on my Xbox because my gamer tag is linked to a useless ea account. An ea account I can’t access because the email doesn’t exist. I even tried to log in using the Xbox sign in option, I did the third party Authenticator from Microsoft and everything but EA still refuses to let me in my account.

EA needs better support too. I tried both the chat and call options. Neither representative had any way to solve my problem other than “sorry, try to remember the stuff you forgot and contact us again later”…….

I asked for some more help and was told no one would help me even if I wanted to escalate my issue. No one can solve a problem their customer is having.

Message 4 of 24 (9,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Going through this right now also. Randomly all my ea games stopped working some 15 year old email account that's dead and my very first cell phone number is tied to it. Yahoo wouldn't help, EA won't help already called them and Microsoft can't do anything. So EA is literally forcing people to not play their games. I'm sure this will be great business. Just because of this I am not buying battlefield because I can't play it. It's seriously mind numbing that there's not even a ( sign in) option when trying to play a game with an error. Why can't we use a new EA account or login? Why would you hold 15-20 year old data as the Bible. Seriously ridiculous. I will never support EA again. Apparently my money is no good either because they literally won't take it 

Message 5 of 24 (9,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @JJB1985,

There wouldn't be a separate option to sign in when launching a console game, because your console and EA Accounts would be linked the first time you launched an EA title from that particular console account.

If you ever need to make any changes to that information, that can only be done while logged in. Unfortunately if any of your login information expires, that can cause issues similar to this one when you're later trying to access the account.

We take account security very seriously, which means we won't make any changes to an account unless we can verify we're speaking with the original account owner. This would include unlinking any other platforms attached to the EA Account.

To that end if you've lost access to your email address, the only way forward would be to speak with an advisor and go through the account recovery process again.

While not every single piece of information is required, if you're unable to verify enough of the requested information to verify ownership I'm afraid we won't be able to make any changes to an account.

Mako.png
Message 6 of 24 (9,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's the worst system I've ever seen used from any site in history to randomly stop working 15 years later and then your "advisor" asks me not a normal recovery question but. What was the last email you sent. Are you * joking? To me this is a win/win this forces me to never support any of your products ever again. 

Message 7 of 24 (9,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So you want people to buy your games and they cant even play online cause this system sucks

Message 8 of 24 (9,708 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bdk1414 I agree...what a bummer...good thing I didn't waste money buying the new BF...
Message 9 of 24 (9,223 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JonnieCueball I even talked to someone and said, literally all the information is under my name, updated email, phone number and everything...but yet they want the information from like 10 years ago...makes absolutely no sense.
Message 10 of 24 (9,225 Views)