Re: Can't play SimCity Complete

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play SimCity Complete

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased SimCity complete back in 2014.  I haven't played in a long time.  It is still installed on my computer. Now when try to play it, it does not show up in my list on Origin.  I don't have the product because I purchased it through Origin online.  The only thing I have is the email from PayPal when I purchased the game.  I will NEVER purchase another game from this <removed> site.

[CM - Removed minor profanity]

Message 1 of 4 (477 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @CHWeir1969,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble getting back into your game here.

Once you've registered a game to your account - which happens automatically if you're purchasing the digital version of a game in Origin, it will be on the account to re-download at a later date, as long as you're logging into the same account.

I'm not showing that to be the case for the account you're posting on however, and since you weren't seeing that in your library either, it sounds as though that may be on a different account. 

Do you have any other emails that may have been used for an account in the past?

If you don't recall any other emails or no longer have access to them, the best thing to do here will be to reach out to support directly so they can try to locate that account and purchase based on the information you have available. That is not something we'll be able to review or look up on the forums, however if you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (409 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @CHWeir1969,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble getting back into your game here.

Once you've registered a game to your account - which happens automatically if you're purchasing the digital version of a game in Origin, it will be on the account to re-download at a later date, as long as you're logging into the same account.

I'm not showing that to be the case for the account you're posting on however, and since you weren't seeing that in your library either, it sounds as though that may be on a different account. 

Do you have any other emails that may have been used for an account in the past?

If you don't recall any other emails or no longer have access to them, the best thing to do here will be to reach out to support directly so they can try to locate that account and purchase based on the information you have available. That is not something we'll be able to review or look up on the forums, however if you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I don't have any other email.  I've used the same email address for the past 15 - 20 years.  The PayPal receipt I have is for the same address.  I actually had a few other games as well but they are no longer loaded on my computer.  I still have SimCity installed.  If I can't recover it that okay.  But it will be a cold day in Hades before I purchase another game from your company.  I've never had this problem with Steam.

Chris 

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the clarification @CHWeir1969.

At that point it would be best to reach out to support directly using the links in my previous post.

They'll be able to pull up your account and take a closer look to help track down that game for you, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (398 Views)