Re: Can't kill shield generators with bombs alone

by Filed_Teeth

Original Post

Can't kill shield generators with bombs alone

★★★★ Novice

I was running Practice Mode with a B-Wing, and spawning in a star destroyer, and making bombing runs with proton bombs. I was flying under its shields and mosquito-ing up to the shield generators, and dropping all my proton bombs at once. I discovered something interesting.

If you drop all your bombs onto the star destroyer's Shield Generators, using only proton bombs (no laser file), they will go down to 0 points (as shown in the targeting computer with it focused on that subsystem) but they will not explode. No matter how many repeated bombs you drop, the generators stay alive at 0 points, and the shields of the star destroyer stay up full.

If you add a single blaster shot to the generators, then they blow up real good.

This sounds like an unintended bug to me.

Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MunkieBrainsOldthere is alot of cheap moves in this game for sure. the modeling accuracy and physics detail did not get front row on here. Im guessing it was really trying to please arcade and sim gamers, so its a middle ground which might be the thorn in the foot.

Message 2 of 5 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe it's that, but it really sounds more like a bug to me.

Message 3 of 5 (653 Views)

★ Guide
@MunkieBrainsOld did you drop a bug report on it?
Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Filed_Teeth - Thank you. After making sure I could repro the issue in the most recent version 1.10 release, I filed one in the bug report forum here just now.

Message 5 of 5 (566 Views)