by surrealman

Original Post

Re: Can't install EA Desktop App

★★★ Newbie
@KaltonLeonheart I love you gimme a kiss
Message 51 of 89 (13,845 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue where I try and install EA Desktop, it downloads and looks like it installs, but, nothing, it doesn't install,

I've tried deleting temp files, registry files, installing the MSI file, creating the folders and all the suggestions people have said and it just refuses to install?

Message 52 of 89 (13,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@surrealman just install the origin app it really works
Message 53 of 89 (13,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I confirm everything turned out without dancing with tambourines in the registry

I confirm it worked, BUT WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THE REGISTRY, without uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, (First of all, I created the "Electronic Arts" folder in C: \ Program Files. Then I put the "EADesktopInstaller.exe" file in this folder and ran it on behalf of the administrator!) Most likely it was developed with the installer, for some reason he does not see the correct installation path for the application, Windows (license) and ssd or hdd have nothing to do with it!

Message 54 of 89 (13,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@encoreo thank you so much. I tried everything, but only this solve my problem!!!!!!
Message 55 of 89 (12,906 Views)

Can't install EA Desktop App *other solution*

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, i found a solution for the ppl who can't install EA desktop app, if he had the similar problem that i had.

I had a problem that i couldn't install it, it didnt pop up but it was running in the back as Task manager said.

Simple thing caused the problem is... Your system username

Bcs if your pc named like mines that contained á,é,ó or any char like that, the installer couldnt read it.

So all you have to do is change ur System username

1. From the Windows desktop, open the Charms menu by pressing the Windows key plus the C key and select Settings.
  2. In Settings, select Control Panel.
  3. Select User Accounts.
  4. In the User Accounts window, select Change your account name to change the username for your local Windows account.
  5. reinstall your pc

OR

You can make a new system user (this is what i did bcs its easier and faster)

1. Open Control Panel and goto User Accounts.
  2. Select Manage Another account, then at the bottom of the window popped up u will find Add a new user in PC settings.
  3. You follow the steps create a new user with nothing special characther in it like:"eaplay"
  4. You restart your pc and log onto the new user and install the ea desktop app there, its should work instantly
  5. After its installed to the default install location C: ProgramFiles\Electronic Arts ----> u copy the whole folder , and save it to your other hard drive(or anywhere else where u can access it from your default user) which u will can access from your default user
  6. and... u done!

I hope it helped any1.

If i can help you with anything or didn't understand something please let me know Standard smile

Message 56 of 89 (59,635 Views)

Re: Can't install EA Desktop App *other solution*

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Imyourbee,

Thank you for sharing these solutions!

We did notice that the EA app didn't always play nice with the special characters in your Windows username. There was a recent update for the EA app where some issues with non-Latin characters not playing nice with the app. Did you notice a difference and could you install the app even when using special characters since the update?

https://trello.com/c/Op5LYJXb/215-updates-ea-desktop-version-1201345003

• Fixed issue with non-Latin characters and unsupported languages.
    The app got a little tongue-tied when downloading games to folder names that didn’t use the Latin alphabet. Thankfully, we have the missing piece of the Rosetta Stone, so we were able to translate and get downloads back in working order.

Jason.png
Message 57 of 89 (18,696 Views)

Re: Can't install EA Desktop App *other solution*

★★★ Newbie

Hello, after I install the ea desktop app and change the folders to somewhere I can access with the admin account, can I delete the other user I created or no? 

Thanks a lot, you helped me so much! 

Message 58 of 89 (18,582 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Jude2WorldTR Do you have another solution ?
Message 59 of 89 (12,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately. That's how I got the solution back in the day. @LiLSnajpy

Message 60 of 89 (12,345 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help