Can't install EA Desktop App

by surrealman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install EA Desktop App

★ Apprentice

Hi,

Since yesterday I'm trying to install the EA Desktop App. When I click the "Let's go" button on the installer that app closes and nothing happens.

I've uninstalled Origin and tried again and have the same problem, also restarting my PC doesn't fix it.

I'm running a Windows 10 64bit OS.

How can I install the app?

Message 1 of 89 (162,874 Views)

Accepted Solution

Can't install EA Desktop App *other solution*

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, i found a solution for the ppl who can't install EA desktop app, if he had the similar problem that i had.

I had a problem that i couldn't install it, it didnt pop up but it was running in the back as Task manager said.

Simple thing caused the problem is... Your system username

Bcs if your pc named like mines that contained á,é,ó or any char like that, the installer couldnt read it.

So all you have to do is change ur System username

1. From the Windows desktop, open the Charms menu by pressing the Windows key plus the C key and select Settings.
  2. In Settings, select Control Panel.
  3. Select User Accounts.
  4. In the User Accounts window, select Change your account name to change the username for your local Windows account.
  5. reinstall your pc

OR

You can make a new system user (this is what i did bcs its easier and faster)

1. Open Control Panel and goto User Accounts.
  2. Select Manage Another account, then at the bottom of the window popped up u will find Add a new user in PC settings.
  3. You follow the steps create a new user with nothing special characther in it like:"eaplay"
  4. You restart your pc and log onto the new user and install the ea desktop app there, its should work instantly
  5. After its installed to the default install location C: ProgramFiles\Electronic Arts ----> u copy the whole folder , and save it to your other hard drive(or anywhere else where u can access it from your default user) which u will can access from your default user
  6. and... u done!

I hope it helped any1.

If i can help you with anything or didn't understand something please let me know Standard smile

View in thread

Message 56 of 89 (59,821 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't install EA Desktop App

★ Novice

I can't install either, I run linux. Why won't it install?

Message 2 of 89 (162,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I had the same problem just a moment ago. In order to install the app, you need to manually create a folder in C called "Electronic Arts" and put the installer inside of it. Then, run the installer as admin.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 89 (162,750 Views)

★ Apprentice

Did this and was able to install the app, but now it doesn't open.

Message 4 of 89 (162,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I have no clue why is that. My app runs just fine.

Message 5 of 89 (162,737 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.

Message 6 of 89 (162,714 Views)

★ Novice

Hello! I have same problem and I fix it(strange way). I have ssd and hdd. Windows 10 installed on ssd. I download eadesktop installer on hdd and when I run it doesn't installed. But when I copy installer on ssd it's star working! Moreover I can install whenever I want. But I also use advice which was in this topic

Message 7 of 89 (162,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was having the same problem. First of all, I created an "Electronic Arts" folder in Program Files. I then threw the "EADesktopInstaller.exe" file that we downloaded into this folder and started it as an administrator. And I managed to complete the installation. I can't start the program with the icon on the desktop, but it works when I go to the file location and start it as an administrator. I would like to thank the friends who wrote answers for these solutions.

Message 8 of 89 (162,539 Views)

★ Apprentice

This also worked with me, running directly from the installed folder as administrator. Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 89 (162,509 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having the exact same issue, and I tried the solution above (creating an Electronic Arts folder and moving the downloaded install file) and this did not work.  I noticed that my difference was I did not have any version of Origin installed already from doing a clean OS install a few months ago, so I went ahead and downloaded and installed Origin and made sure to sign in, then I RE-downloaded the EA Play installer and ran it from my downloads folder like a normal user would, and it installed the new beta launcher correctly as "origin"inaly intended, pun also intended.

Message 10 of 89 (160,848 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help