Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't find a way to Obtain Rare Quality Shield/Armor sigil.

by Bakkaren

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't find a way to Obtain Rare Quality Shield/Armor sigil.

★★★ Novice

So after going around looking in every challenge i am yet to find a way a challenge that awards the Rare Shield/Armor sigil. 

Due to me getting access to The Epic versions at level 30, i am guessing that it is supposed to be a level up reward and i have just not gotten it?

If anyone knows how i can attain it or help me with my problem that would be great

Best Regards

Message 1 of 39 (2,486 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't find a way to Obtain Rare Quality Shield/Armor sigil.

★★★ Novice

Thank you all for discussing the thread i made, finally i have found some proof that they know about it and are working on it in the most recent patch notes.

Ignore how horrible the red square around the subject was :P

View in thread

Message 31 of 39 (1,134 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Bakkaren wrote:

So after going around looking in every challenge i am yet to find a way a challenge that awards the Rare Shield/Armor sigil. 

Due to me getting access to The Epic versions at level 30, i am guessing that it is supposed to be a level up reward and i have just not gotten it?

If anyone knows how i can attain it or help me with my problem that would be great

Best Regards

yea I got the rare  shield. Check challenges., and then factions...see if its locked behind one of those.(P.S. there is no blue shield sigil though that I can find.)(P.S.S. A  sentinel or freelancer contract or arcanist contract basically adds  50 points towards your next faction level. amongst other things like harvesting and finding things but not as much)

Message 2 of 39 (2,475 Views)

★★★★ Guide

FWIW, I don't have the blue ones either, although I do have both green and purple.

Message 3 of 39 (2,471 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

yea I got the rare  shield. Check challenges., and then factions...see if its locked behind one of those.

It's not that.  The Arcanist Loyalty challenges only drop weapon sigil blueprints.

Message 4 of 39 (2,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@2Weak2Live wrote:

@Ticklepink68 wrote:

yea I got the rare  shield. Check challenges., and then factions...see if its locked behind one of those.

It's not that.  The Arcanist Loyalty challenges only drop weapon sigil blueprints.

It could be dungeons then.(errr strongholds)

Message 5 of 39 (2,464 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Nope, the stronghold challenges drop the elemental sigil blueprints.  (I have those.)

Message 6 of 39 (2,455 Views)

★ Guide

Most likely level 3 standing with arcanists.

I can craft those.

Message 7 of 39 (2,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, and it's only for armor/shield and only the rare quality. They are supposed to be given at Freelancer Loyalty 2 (press ESC > Challenges > Factions > Completed Challenges > Freelancer Loyalty 2). Instead I believe we were all given the Level 3 Epic ones in place of the Rares like we should have, and then upon getting Freelancer 3 (which I have) it should have unlocked all of the Universal ones but it has not. This is a bug on BioWare's end and has existed since 2-15. 

And it is seriously hindering my gameplay because for some god forsaken reason the Epic ones cost 5 ember each which is fat too much... yet you need them to do GM1+ content to earn MW components so I'd love to have all 3 armor or shields available. 

EDIT: Wrong image, stay tuned while I find them. 

Message 8 of 39 (2,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Droid8Apple wrote:

And it is seriously hindering my gameplay because for some god forsaken reason the Epic ones cost 5 ember each which is fat too much... yet you need them to do GM1+ content to earn MW components so I'd love to have all 3 armor or shields available. 

No you don't.  I've literally never used a sigil, and I'm soloing a lot of GM1 content and starting to get bored with it.

Message 9 of 39 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wow you're so amazing! Do me a favor, I'm intrigued, solo a GM1 stronghold with Epic only gear and no sigils and *not* using Colossus. Let me know when the video is up. If you can do that then sweet, me on the other hand, I'd like to stack 3 colors of gear recharge on my ranger if I wanted so my legendary team-healing-on-combo ability is able to be used as much as possible to keep my storm alive in GM3. Just as one example. That example also saves me resources by not having to "roll" the same gear over and over trying to get +recharge on stuff.

As a side note- I solo'd both the War Titan and Ruin Titan with my interceptor on GM1 today, and strongholds (having mostly Elite & Legendary enemies) are much harder than that. It's kind of depicted too by the fact that you get common and uncommon drops on GM1 Freeplay as rewards but are guaranteed masterwork on strongholds.

Message 10 of 39 (2,253 Views)
Twitter Stream