Re: Can't choose my nickname

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't choose my nickname

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Okay, this is really infuriating. These games apparently use my EA ID as in-game display name. When I want to update my EA ID, it says "ID has already been registered". So another player already took my nickname and now I cannot use this in-game display name. I have always used this nickname in other games on other platforms. Why wouldn't it be possible to choose your own in-game display name? Why does it have to be your account EA ID? Why did EA come to this ridiculous design decision? When is this going to change?

Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to say @UberCommander0 but if the username you want is not accepted then you will need to try a different one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the username till you find one that is accepted.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @UberCommander0 but if the username you want is not accepted then you will need to try a different one.

The best thing to do is to try a variation on the username till you find one that is accepted.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you change your user id when you already have one?

Message 3 of 4 (230 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Necee12 you can change your username in your account settings on the Origin app or website.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)